[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Basket Puzzle

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My purple basket puzzle-I bit the bullet and conquered those partial seams today. Seems to be a lot of visual motion so I’ll likely defer to a plain border to give the eye a resting place.

Comment

Got down to brass tacks and tackled those partial seams. Such a commitment issue!!! This PURPLE quilt

seems to have a lot going on so a plain border will suffice.

Comment

Purple version for me

Comment

Made myself complete all those partial seams today. Quilt seems full of motion so a plain border seems in order.

Comment

Magnificent!! Love the color, baskets, and areas that you filled in with HST's, triangles, pinwheels, and other blocks. Amazing!!

Comment

Lahoefer--Yours may be my favorite so far. Please post when you are done.

Comment

I’ve been saving French General fabrics fabrics for a long time.
                I tried just putting the baskets on my design wall randomly. It just made me crazy. So I tried the 12” block in the center with a 1 1/4” spacer. This seems to be working for me.

Comment

I'm feeling lost about what to do next.
                  Here is a photo with the blocks sorted after size and color.
                  Would LOVE some input about what I should continue with. I have a 12" Cherry basket in the making, It's the same fabrics (roughly) as in the basket with the red dot.
                  Alex, you give excellent critique,you have a trained eye and always give good ideas to consider.

Comment

Sorry, I’m just seeing this today. If u r concerned about the handle disappearing. I would just change that corner triangle to a cream background. That way you save the bottom half of the block. The handle is not that difficult to redo. You’ve got a lot done. I’m still working on mine. Be sure to finish it.
                    Penny

Comment

Congrats! on almost completion!! I am toying with Green with the pink,red, cream colors......no quilt police here!!!

Comment

Love French General Fabric!! Made 2 Christmas Quilts a few years ago in it!! and some topper curtains!....anyways! it FLOWS so well!! Congrats and thanks for sharing.....I will be a last minute working till the finish line!! God Bless!!!

Comment

I have loved making this quilt. Alex, your precise instructions and gentle encouragement ('just have fun guys') have been wonderful. Thank you.
                          The small pop of red is for my mom--She was 96, had Alzheimer's, and died early this month. Her favorite color was red.

Comment

Here are my blocks so far. I know I still need to make more blocks so they will fit Thank you to Alex for your patience with us. Have a great day everyone!
                            Debbie H.

Comment

Thank you Alex, I’ve been learning so much!

Comment

Loving the process but having a difficult time deciding on a layout. Any suggestions?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 49 users online. 0 members and 49 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X