[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Basket Puzzle

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

loopyquilter, I love the border on this! Great job!

Comment

Hi Alex
      Couldn’t resist using this border print that I had in my stash. My husband was happy with this border so a win for me. Thanks for fun instruction.
      [attachment:1]F0CF8F54

-AAE6-46CF-9A24-29CE39C36A78.jpeg[/attachment]

Comment

Thanks Alex. I knew when I started that I wanted my baskets to point up. After making my blocks (4x4’s and 5x5’s and a few 6x6’s), I couldn’t figure the math to do the background edges. So I sashed the smaller blocks (4x4’s) so that they were the same size as the 5x5 blocks. I tried colored or pieced sashing, but I wanted my blocks to shine. I used one of the larger 6x6 blocks (12”) for the center. The border is a bunch of 3x3 baskets. In the 2 yrs of quilting, I’ve never made a quilt without a pattern or without a vision of what it was going to look like so this organized result was a puzzle to me. Lots of that 1.414 stuff and lots of wrongly attached triangles along the way. My next step is to calculate the floater border and get the borders attached before tonight when I’ll need my design wall (bed) back.

Thanks for your help Alex,

Photo Update: Borders are attached. Mitered borders stress me out cause of the math. So happy with the result. Will give the bird some feet and an eye and call it good.

Comment

I LOVE seeing everyone's quilts! Truly amazing and inspiring. I've been a little distracted by other activities recently, but hope to get to my border, soon!

Comment

I was just thinking I am going to put yoyo's in my baskets as flowers too; once I get my handles on!! LOVE all the quilts; every one of them expresses itself and the "maker"!!! Thanks gals!!!

Comment

Lahoefer, it's just BEAUTIFUL!

Comment

Added outer boarder to basket quilt top. Made 44 baskets size 6,8,10 and 12 inches. I enjoyed learning to piece the different baskets. Plan to piece my backing with rest of red and white fabrics. Thanks for the basket challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by "patcee53" post=150743
                  I enjoyed making the baskets. I no longer dread HST’s.
                  Stunning border! Love it and the details of the lace on the cherry basket, too! Beautifully done!

Comment

Originally posted by "Lindaseyler" post=150756
                    This was so much fun, I’ve never made a basket quilt. Thanks Alex
                    Lovely and I like your border!

Comment

Originally posted by "Lahoefer" post=150762
                      Thanks Alex. I knew when I started that I wanted my baskets to point up. After making my blocks (4x4’s and 5x5’s and a few 6x6’s), I couldn’t figure the math to do the background edges. So I sashed the smaller blocks (4x4’s) so that they were the same size as the 5x5 blocks. . . . . Lots of that 1.414 stuff and lots of wrongly attached triangles along the way. My next step is to calculate the floater border and get the borders attached before tonight when I’ll need my design wall (bed) back.

Thanks for your help Alex, Lynne
                      Just beautiful . . . . Wish I'd thought of your solution for setting the baskets on point, too! And your border is stunning!

Comment

Comment

Finished

Comment

Took Alex's advice and added more baskets with the large black/white pok-a-dots. Still need to add small leaves for the flowers and make the spacers between the blocks. Also thinking of adding more appliqued flowers between the baskets in the center. After all of that, I will consider what to do with the border (if any). This has been really fun for me -- it is my first scrappy quilt!

Comment

Beautiful quilt.. love the border and well done putting it together.

Comment

God be with you in your healing.. Quilting is a great therapy.. love your baskets.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 40 users online. 0 members and 40 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X