[vb_main_1]

Basket Puzzle

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basket Puzzle

Here is my basket Puzzle quilt, all finished except for blocking. Because it is asymmetrical, I tried to use color to balance it out. The piece is 26”x26” and because it is small, I skipped a border and added a scrappy pieced binding. Quilting is machine stitch-in-the-ditch around the blocks and big stitch hand quilting inside the blocks. This will be my used on my dining table in November. Thanks Alex for the great lessons! I think this quilt incorporates them all, especially not pressing bias edges (or, what I think of as staying away from the “hot lava” .)

Has Alex shown what the basket quilt will look like?

Comment

She showed a quick picture of part of the quilt on her design wall during her Monday, August 31, 2020 broadcast.

Comment

Alex showed some of the basket squares on her wall Monday. I believe she said we would be working with different size blocks, 6", 8" and 12". She'll teach us how to design a layout with the different sizes. This one I will be participating in.
        Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

I think I'm going to do mine in shot cotton. And as a recent convert to starching the heck out of everything before cutting, I was starching some of the Oakshott they sell at the TQS store today. The colors are really lovely and since "baskets" give me an Amish vibe, I thought shot cotton would be a way to make it more modern looking.

Anyway, just a head's up ... the Oakshott visibly shrinks a bit. However, it didn't bleed at all -- which is really a much bigger issue for me, because it doubles the work.

Comment

I'm a total slowpoke, so I decided to make some HST's in advance. And I'm working with something "modern Amish" in mind.

Comment

roxannecooper: I like your choice of shott cotton. Looking forward to lurking in the background and watching everyone’s progress.
              -Terri

Comment

I'm a fairly good lurker too

Comment

Thanks, I was able to see the quilt. I've ordered the book and may do a smaller version using my scraps.

Comment

As I said, I'm very slow ... so I'm getting a head start

Comment

I'm very slow, too, Roxanne. Love your block!

Comment

And I'm happy if I have at least one point that isn't cut off. LOL.

Comment

Haha, true! Yours look really great.

Comment

Starting September 25, 2020 Alex will present a wonderful Sew A Long called the BASKET PUZZLE.

Use this Topic tp share your progress, ask questions and see what everyone else is doing.

You will find it on her Facebook page, The Quilt Show Facebook page or on her YouTube channel. After each lesson airs live at 10 am PST it will be available on the YouTube Channel.

Alex used a bundle of 26 Fat Quarters plus a few more light background fabrics to make her quilt.

Here is a link to all the supplies Alex recommends for this project:

https://store.thequiltshow.com/category-s/776.htm

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                            North Alabama, USA
                            "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                              North Alabama, USA
                              "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 23 users online. 0 members and 23 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X