[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Basket Puzzle

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put my blocks on point, I’ve sewn them in their neighborhoods. Now to deal with all the triangle or weird rectangles created on edges. Any ideas of how to finish edges. I know in some areas I can over cut a 1/2 sq triangle but the smaller areas I thought of inserting rectangles. Ideas welcomed.

Comment

Looking for border suggestions.

Comment

Stunning!

Comment

Originally posted by "periwinkle1q" post=150567

Put my blocks on point, I’ve sewn them in their neighborhoods. Now to deal with all the triangle or weird rectangles created on edges. Any ideas of how to finish edges. I know in some areas I can over cut a 1/2 sq triangle but the smaller areas I thought of inserting rectangles. Ideas welcomed.
          Here is a long Blog Tutorial I have written on setting your quilt blocks on point--that is what you have going on here. This should help you get the idea for a border plan:

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com/2017/01/sew-long-part-4-setting-your-quilt-on.html

Barbara Black

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
          North Alabama, USA
          "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Your quilt looks awesome I like that the baskets are upright.... The sideways baskets kind of make me crazy. love the colors.

Comment

Originally posted by "RedworkRene" post=150548
              Am working on my basket blocks featuring baskets with violets for a wallhanging for my Great Niece, named Robin Violet after my Mother Violet. Robins will also included on the wallhanging. Have a lot more creating and stitching to do. Got behind due to finishing my Kaffe mystery quilt.

Redwork Rene
              The violets appear 3D, are some of your baskets pocket when you have put in silk violets? Your quilt is beautiful and very unique, your Great Niece should love it.
              Karon

Comment

I am enjoying making the blocks though like Alex I have some dyslexia and following directions is hard. I put all the blocks on Eq8 and designed a few of my own. This is what I have so far. I hope I did the photo add right.

Comment

My basket quilt is ready for a border. Thank you Alex for this great learning project.

Comment

I really like that style of that basket right in the middle. Hadn’t seen it before.

Comment

Love your black/white design! What an original idea. And the red, genius!

Comment

I had such a hard time picking what to put with what. I had the fabric everywhere! I have also been trying to organize my sewing space which is a good size. Alex’s presentations a few weeks ago were inspiring! So this is a picture of a way to hang my fabric instead of draping it everywhere! I am delighted!
                        Molly Burgess

My bar is filled with fabric now. It is wonderful. I put the bar underneath a slanted wall in my quilt studio. To the left of the photo is my long arm (runs parallel to the wall). So I was never going to be able to put something on this wall area such as a table. The bar was the perfect thing. Made a great use of space. And I will never accidentally hit it. I used a closet bar (smaller size, not the size in my closet) and three clothing hangers from the hardware store. Get a hanger that protrudes from the wall so there is space behind the bar for the fabric to drape. A hat rack hanger is best but I could not find one. Alex, thank you for putting this on the show today! Made my day!

Comment

I still have a lot of blocks to make! I set the size I'm aiming for by laying out my borders first. I'm going through some of my block books for more baskets. I decided to only use my stash. While going through it I was happy to find some treasures - some prayer fabric and a lot of Alex Anderson's "Cottage Rose" line for PE&B textiles (wonder how long that's been hiding in my stash?) Both perfect for this Covid Basket quilt. I enjoy a good puzzle!

Comment

Originally posted by "cnf150" post=150531
                            My blocks ranged from 3" to 15" and it was a puzzle to put them together. The quilt is 48" x 52". It was nice to have a small project that offered a challenge.
                            Love this layout! The borders, the cornerstones, everything!
                            Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

Your Serenity Prayer Quilt is just perfect! Thank you for sharing your work so far; I want to put a house in the middle of mne; I am still working on baskets to get enough to put on my design wall; when I find it! haha.....Again; it is wonderful! OldGoryQuilting (Karen)
                              Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

Baskets that don't look like baskets. Just playing with ideas in EQ8. HelenW

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 38 users online. 0 members and 38 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X