[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Basket Puzzle

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made some 4" baskets and added them randomly to the border made from the leftover bits of fabric from the main body of the quilt

Comment

Thanks for the session on making flying geese. Perfect geese and no leftovers! You inspired me to make some flowers for my basket.. My neighbor and I are both doing this project and we met last week underneath a California pepper tree in a nearby park. We spread our work out on the grass while maintaining social distancing guidelines and exchanged ideas and encouragement.

Comment

Oh how I adore all those fabulous real puzzles! A joy to see.
        My baskets are not that puzzle style as I have to use up a (big) basket full of half square triangles. They are all 2" squares so my baskets are all the same size except the tiny ones in the corners.
        I decided for a table runner which used up 250 half square triangel blocks and learned to deal with that piling up seam allowances which run criss-cross in all directions.

I wish I had added one orange triangle in one basket. It's too late now...
        Thank you Alex for encouraging me to start and finish this project .
        Gina from Germany

Comment

Sehr schön Gina from Germany!

Comment

Amb2715-this is beautiful!

Comment

I made some 4" baskets and added them to the scrappy border (made from left over bits from the basket blocks).

Comment

Stunning quilt, Lahoefer! I have never been a real fan of basket quilts, but your design has certainly changed my idea of them. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

This has been another wonderful learning experience. Thanks Alex and thanks to each of you for sharing your creations. This is what I have so far. I haven't figured out borders.

Comment

amb2715 I love the flowers in your baskets.

Comment

Here is my completed top; still need to quilt it.

Comment

it needs to be rotated.

Comment

What fun I had working on my piecing skills with the Basket Puzzle quilt! I decided to try the first basket, not expecting to enjoy working with so many small pieces. Before I knew it, I couldn’t stop making these cute little baskets. My quilt is made entirely from scraps, with the exception of the crumb catcher and striped binding. Even the batting is pieced together. I got to try a new technique with the migrating geese border and enjoyed straight line quilting, which I rarely do. It is far from perfect and still needs pressed, but I am pleased overall.

Comment

I have been on this journey starting with the Sequoia quilt, then the Kaffe quilt, and now the Basket quilt. With each quilt, I have learned much and seen great improvement in my cutting, piecing, and pressing, to the point, my Basket Puzzle quilt went together like a dream. I did put in an inner border using the red gingham that I used for my basket handles. I will also use the gingham for my binding. Thank you Alex for all the lessons, tricks, and tips you taught in each class. You are a wonderful teacher, and I give much of the credit to your teaching for my success. My favorite tip is, using the Quilter's Select glue stick to glue the fabric before piecing. What a great product! My favorite advice was simply to slow down in my piecing.

Comment

My basket quilt blocks! Still working on some fitting of the puzzle pieces. I do like a busy, chaotic look!

Comment

I have been on this covid-19 journey starting with the Sequoia quilt, then the Kaffe quilt, and now the Basket Puzzle quilt. With each class, I have learned much and improved on my cutting, piecing, and pressing, to the point my Basket quilt went together like a dream. I decided to put in an inner border using the red gingham I used on my basket handles. I will also use the gingham for my binding. Thank you, Alex, for all the lessons, tips, and tricks you taught in each class. My favorite tip was using the Quilter's Select glue stick to glue the fabric before piecing. The best advice was simply to slow down in my piecing.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 36 users online. 0 members and 36 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X