[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Basket Puzzle

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bottom right is pieced together the rest is just there to work with. There are 6", 8", 9", and 12" blocks. I don't think I will use the flowered border but if I do the Cherry Baskets will have some of the flowers scattered around in them to take the color into the quilt. I rarely make anything smaller than a twin so I still have more baskets to make. I am not a pinner and have not yet use a pin in the construction. I will use pins when I put on borders.

Comment

Here is my basket quilt top. I’ve decided to piece my backing fabric with the left over red and white fabrics. 44 baskets in top with 6, 8, 10 and 12 inch baskets used. Mary Jean Eisenga

Comment

Karonray, Love the houses in the right corner. I tend to agree with you about the flowered fabric. IF however, it were a larger scale print, it might work. Just a thought.

Comment

I love the 3 houses too.....I put one 12 inch house in center of mine.....LOVE Houses!!! putting some hearts under my house today.....I may be able to show photo tomorrow.........Thinking of Alex......GO GIRL!!!!!!! and thanks for the blue quilt! Karonray!! Karen here....

Comment

I have been sewing baskets almost in my sleep to try to catch up. I now have them all done, they need to be joined together and then some applique done then I will start to think about the border. Loving these classes Alex, who would have thunk I would love making all those small HST's?

Comment

Love the colour scheme

Comment

Love your colour choices

Comment

Finally finished piecing my Baskets & Flowers quilt. New to quilting and this was a challenge. Made lots of mistakes that I learned from. First, I added two 9 inch baskets which threw the interior placement off which I tried correcting with fabric pieces rather than more baskets. Second, I didn't calculate the border using math and just chose the half square triangle size that I like...well, there was a shortage in the border that I had to fix with piecing. The four corners were a consequence of the math avoidance. It wasn't really planned to be that way. Anyway, I put a flange interior on it (which I like!) . Overall, I have learned some valuable lessons about planning. But I am happy with it. Once I put the flange and the border I began to like this little quilt. I thread sketched the flowers; they will be re-outlined once it has been sandwiched. The fabric for the flange will also be used for the binding.

Comment

PaolaRB
                    Fantastic quilt!

Comment

Finished

Comment

KFox358, Love your quilt!

Comment

First try at a layout....

Comment

CarmenD - very nice, love the colors. If you want balance could move one small dark background block from left to right.

Comment

Kfox358
                              What a great quilt!

Comment

I had not made a basket quilt before. This was fun.
                                I had a few challenges, but made it work.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 50 users online. 0 members and 50 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X