[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Basket Puzzle

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn't able to get finished with the mystery quilt so am combining baskets with the Kaffee mystery. I'm at the point of getting stuck because of my inability to get away from rigid structure in my quilts. Am I at least headed in a decent direction?

Comment

Ready to sew it together. This has been really fun.

Comment

georgiaquilt, love the green! And I like the placement. One idea that might help you get to a more random placement is to make odd numbers of blocks in each size. Also, think about imagining a 9 patch grid on your design wall and fill in one grid at a time, with the goal to make each grid different. Or keep it the way that it is. It is beautiful!

Comment

Good morning! I think this will be my final layout. I plan to fill in the existing spaces with matching fabric. I would appreciate a critique. Have a great day everyone

Comment

need more pinwheels and some 6in blocks

Comment

djah55,
              I think your layout looks great. The way I sometimes play with layouts is to take a screenshot, print it, cut it apart and then you can rearrange to your hearts content
              without messing with your design wall. You can make more than one copy if you want to play with more half square triangles, pinwheels or just strips of fabric color
              that you might use to fill in open spaces. It is fun. I laid it out in another way just to see what I would do. HelenW

Comment

Thank you for clarifying the printing of the letters. I thought there might be a new way to do it and save time. I do the same thing designing letters on the computer and tracing onto steam a seam. Always looking for new ideas and ways to do things! Thank you!

Comment

The touch of green is perfect! Your quilt is awesome!!

Comment

Fabulous!

Comment

Fun!

Comment

Hi Helen! I love your idea. I will incorporate that right away. I think it funny that ales thinks we have been stitching together!

Comment

I posted my finished quilt last Friday but you didn’t show it on Friday or Monday so I am posting it again. I put a narrow dashing strip between the quilt and the border to make a bit of separation. I made this border before I saw yours because I had all these scraps.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                          North Alabama, USA
                          "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Originally posted by "CarleneR" post=150646
                            I posted my finished quilt last Friday but you didn’t show it on Friday or Monday so I am posting it again. I put a narrow dashing strip between the quilt and the border to make a bit of separation. I made this border before I saw yours because I had all these scraps.
                            Carlene, when you "Create a New Topic" no one will see your post so I always have to move them to this Topic--the place where all Basket Puzzle posts go.

This is the place Alex looks for photos. She does not share all photos, just some.

A Review of how to use this Forum: tor the Basket Puzzle:
                            1. Log in to the Forum
                            2. Go to Recent Topics
                            3. Find BASKET PUZZLE--L earn with ALEX, Go to this Topic
                            4. Reply Topic--that button is right at the top of the page for the Topic
                            5. Write your post, add your photo, hit SUBMIT

Don't "create a new topic" unless starting a topic completely separate from any currently being used.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                            North Alabama, USA
                            "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Fun quilt

Comment

Alex,
                                Here is a picture of the blue basket quilt I've been working on. I'm learning so much--thanks for all the tips and ideas that are shared in your youtube live. I'm going to do a pieced backing and use the extra baskets i made there. Not sure how I'm going to handle the borders yet, I know I want something simple.
                                Mary

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 46 users online. 0 members and 46 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X