[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Basket Puzzle

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally finished-but unsure if will do border. Woven Central basket to add interest; May be on point or squared and may do in turquoise.

Thanks for your continued teaching.

Comment

Finally finished-but unsure if will do border. Woven Central basket to add interest; May be on point or squared and thinking of Turquoise quilt too.

Thanks for your continued teaching.

Sandra from Tennessee

Comment

I finally started my Basket Puzzle. The large basket turned out larger than I intended, but it was easier than the smaller ones.
        This is a fun project and I enjoy the fabrics that i selected.

Comment

Finally finished all the blocks. After making 35 cake stands for the order I have no inclination to make more. I would like to do a postage stamp quilt with scraps like Alex has made. Always another quilt to make. Now to sew these blocks together so it can be machine quilted by my long arm quilter.

Comment

PennyLC, Your basket quilt turned out great. I really like the way you used one background fabrics. It ties a lot of variety together. HelenW

Comment

Love your border and corner blocks. So refreshing to see something completely different.

Comment

Hey!! Y'all are such great people!! I am not sure if I have made enough progress to post my baskets again......I think I need to finish 4 more; which I wanted to get done today!! Started watching Garden Answers on Youtube and she just gets me going!! Love that show!!!!!! I have plans on putting a border that is made like a optical twisted ribbonmaybe watching Laura decorate her Christmas Trees on You tube!!.....but will start by putting it together; always a good place to start, and then add a 1 1/2 inch cream border so the blocks "float" and then the ribbon in the same colors of quilt........there are no quilt police right?.....just kidding!!! Karen

Comment

Keep going - it is going well. Alex told us the quilt will speak to you as you put it together and that is what happens to me when I put my blocks up on the design board. It really works,

Comment

Thanks Georgia. I used a collection, Tula fabrics mostly that I had pulled together for a different quilt. I originally was only going to use her fairy dust in the background Helen but Alex really encouraged us to change the background so I dared to use solids that tied in with Tula. I am usually a pastel person but have tried to stretch to brights. I struggle with them. I’m also not a piece, love my appliqué, but I have learned so much from Alex. My baskets are going together easily which makes me happy. Enjoy your quilting. It sure helps with these isolating times.

Comment

Finally, my basket quilt comes together. These are baskets full of mystery for me. Starting with the colours, the different block sizes, the layout. It was an amazimg experience how it all comes together. And now the next mystery, the quilting.

Comment

considering border

Comment

I don’t see my finished basket top so will try posting again. I learned a lot from designing this quilt. Thank you Alex. It awaits a friend’s hand quilting. I have a better appreciation for solids which I have now started collecting!

Hopefully it is right side up.

Comment

Originally posted by "PennyLC" post=151534
                            I don’t see my finished basket top so will try posting again. I learned a lot from designing this quilt. Thank you Alex. It awaits a friend’s hand quilting. I have a better appreciation for solids which I have now started
                            Hopefully it is right side up.
                            PennyLC, your post is number 151462, just scroll back to find it

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                            North Alabama, USA
                            "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Of all the places I have worked and shared info with, this has to be the most frustrating. I give!

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                              North Alabama, USA
                              "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Barbara - it looks like I posted to the wrong place. I am reposting here so you don’t have to move it. So sorry.

Here is my finished Basket Puzzle quilt. I have included a photo of the back and a close up of the label. The label was made from a basket that I made the wrong size for the main quilt. I enjoyed making this quilt but still can’t say I am a fan of baskets. A big thanks to Alex for keeping up inspired and trying challenging, new and different things. Christy Gregg, Tallahassee, Florida

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 42 users online. 0 members and 42 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X