[vb_main_1]

Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by "sundancesassy" post=149653
    Here is my Mystery quilt as of today. Still need borders. I hope this message gets into the right place. I keep messing up,
    Beautifle quilt. The dots make the quilt lots of fun.

Comment

Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by "rebeccachristie" post=149663
        It took me a few days to do the embroidery and applique, but it's done now. Not sure I'm loving the bottom part of the quilt, but I do love the rest of it. Maybe I quit a little too soon? Well, it is what it is, and I did learn a lot... My first ever mitered corners on the borders. A Kaffe stripe I found on line. Now to get it quilted and bound.
        Your quilt is wonderful and I love the embroidery!

Comment

Wow!! I love it. Beautiful quilt. I'd love to see it after you quilt it.

Comment

JanaPratt, stunning absolutely stunning!

Comment

I finished my last two blocks and am now working on assembling the quilt.

pines/elaine

Comment

pines/Elaine is there a crease around your blocks and is it the seam line? If so did you fold it on the edge of a ruler?

Comment

Originally posted by "karonray" post=149671
                  pines/Elaine is there a crease around your blocks and is it the seam line? If so did you fold it on the edge of a ruler?
                  It is the seam line. You are seeing the edge of the label paper pattern.

pines/elaine

Comment

sundancesassy, love it. I did something similar with the dots around half my blocks and the other half on point. Have to figure out the overall setting now.
                    Sharon

Comment

than you Alex , finished my mystery quilt ; now I will do the boarder. I am a beginner and I learned a lot with your videos. I am very happy with the result.

Comment

Alex you have been such an Inspiration to me. Now that hurricane Laura is over and my children are alright.
                        I am able to get with it. Will keep you up to date on my progress. You can see me. That was fun to !
                        Linda from Texas :lol:

Comment

So so pretty Kami! Will be praying for your Doctors and you that your surgery is successful and your recovery speedy! Godspeed!

Comment

Your quilt top does not look like a beginner effort!! Bravo to you!

Comment

Finally had the time to share what I have been working on... LIFE has intervened! Mine is from two vintage Kaffe fabrics and a selection of solids that play well with both. The color story is much softer than the Kaffes most are using, so as I was working on it a plan developed to make it for a young child. I remembered a heart shape made out of three squares, so I decided to set my blocks that way. They will be outlined with a teal dyed solid, then set in the first Kaffe fabric which I hope I have enough of. The second Kaffe, a paisley, will be the outside border after an inner border of light green. That is the plan at this point. I only have the signature block to make yet. Thanks Alex, this has been fun!

Comment

Barbara, thank you for starting a new topic page for the finished tops and quilts. I am looking forward to seeing the tops and quilts gathered together.

I also want to thank Alex and you for all your work and for helping everyone. This has been a great leaning experience and so much fun! I’m ready for baskets!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 73 users online. 0 members and 73 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X