[vb_main_1]

New website

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by "CaroleD" post=122660
    I just posted a similar message as a new topic because I couldn't find anything! I always used "View new posts" so as to pick up where I left off on my last visit. There's no way that I have time to go through all the posts every time. Does anybody have a solution?
    I've been clicking on "Recent Topics". The topics at the top will be the ones with posts that you haven't read yet. There will be a little green text after the name of the topic that indicates how many new posts there are under that topic. If you click on the green text, you will be taken to the first unread topic. When you first get on the new site, you will also see several posts that you have already read since they must have saved the marks several days before the old site went down.

Comment

Maybe after I've used the new site a few days, it will be easier. I wonder how far back "recent" posts go. Sometimes I miss several days without checking posts. I did discover that in the index, GREEN means there are new posts.

Comment

On the old site, if you waited too long before checking for new posts then they would no longer appear in the new posts list and you would have to go to the index and look for them there. So, if there is a time out for "Recent Topics", you should still be able to do the same thing.

Comment

I don't seem to be able to "send message" using either Chrome or Internet Explorer. I get a Javascript void type of message.
          I accepted a friend invite and it took a while to be approved, but I wanted to send a message to go along with it and even after the approval went through, I still couldn't send a message. I'm not sure what I should do to solve this problem.

Comment

Sorting shows by technique and guest - brilliant!!

Comment

I believe the - and + go away on your own so can't change your own karma.

Comment

Originally posted by "twiglet" post=122622
                Well I joined Quilters Cove anyone joining me. Is that where we party :silly:
                Where is it? I don't know where to find that.

Comment

It's group tab when you are on TQS community, which is on Connect above.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

I'm platinum is that good?

Hello Colleen

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

I know it's early days for the new web site but so far I'm not enjoying it.
                      Why are all the genders male?
                      I don't understand, why do some members have minus and plus signs beside karma I just have zero beside mine?
                      What does Karma mean?
                      Anne
                      Very confused of Woking UK

Comment

Good Morning Anne. It is early days and we will get used to the new site. I just gave you some good Karma, for the craic I am sure we will all get used to it eventually. Somebody gave me a -1 Karma while I was sleeping last night. (I am missing the rolling eyes emoticon here!) I guess those who use FaceBook are used to Karma and thumbs up and down etc. Personally I have managed to live without them up to now and will probably continue to do so. I think we will just have to give the new website time to get use to us. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by "Reetzbobeetz" post=122693
                          Good Morning Anne. It is early days and we will get used to the new site. I just gave you some good Karma, for the craic I am sure we will all get used to it eventually. Somebody gave me a -1 Karma while I was sleeping last night. (I am missing the rolling eyes emoticon here!) I guess those who use FaceBook are used to Karma and thumbs up and down etc. Personally I have managed to live without them up to now and will probably continue to do so. I think we will just have to give the new website time to get use to us. :lol:
                          I agree with Rita, just because there is new stuff doesn't mean we have to use it but as always with new shoes they tend to pinch the first couple of days we wear them. The very best thing about the new look and changes is that we are NOT in a new group/forum/whatever - we are amongst friends and that is the most important thing in the world and we are here for each other. So just ask Anne and the rest of the gang will try to reply to the best of our so far (very) limited knowledge. The bits and pieces that are obviously not working yet will surely be sorted over the next days, weeks, months and years :P I'm sure we all end up being female at some point on the forum but until then we've just got to make the most of being male like not doing the dishes, throw the washing on the floor instead of the laundry basket, expect mum/DW to clean up, do the shopping and all the other things females usually do :whistle:
                          We will beat the new site into shape very soon and there's safety in numbers!

Comment

I clicked the button to join but nothing happened. I want to join Quilter's Cove.

Comment

Me too, Anne. I am sure we will help each other find our way. I have all the same questions. We'll be confused together.

Comment

It is all very confusing Lois. I found Quilters Cove by going to TQS Community and when you scroll down on the right hand side there is a heading for different groups. There are three different ones, (just different ways of spelling it) but here is the one that some of us have joined without knowing what we have signed up to, LOL.

http://www.thequiltshow.com/community/groups/viewgroup/10-quilter-s-cove

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 70 users online. 0 members and 70 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X