[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Member Blog Notifications

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The almost four year old granddaughter and I completed a sewing project. Come visit my blog to see what we made:
    http://terryknott.blogspot.com/2016/05/detour-granddaughter-request.html

Thanks for visiting!

Now, I need to go visit Nancy!

Comment

Nancy, your knitting projects are so pretty. I really like your quilt too. I'm looking forward to seeing a close up of your quilting. You do such amazing work!

Terry, your post came at just the right time! My 6 and 4 yr old granddaughters are coming for a visit and I was looking for something easy to sew with them! Your little one is so cute! How did you decide how much fabric to buy for each dress? Shall I measure around their chest?

Thanks! geneva
      Geneva

Comment

Geneva,
        Yes, measure around the chest. By the time the seam is sewn, it makes it a little smaller. With our iffy weather here. . .one day 80 degrees then next 65 degrees, the dress is large enough that she could wear a t-shirt under the dress on the cooler days. The fabric was sold by the inch.

Comment

Terry, Loved the story, you must be so proud of this budding designer. She is adorable and so cute in her dress, thanks for sharing, Pat

Comment

Pat, yes, she was cute in her dress and I'm proud of her designing skills. It was so much fun to create the dress together and have her so tuned in to each and every step! Thank you!

Comment

Talented girl Terry.

Nancy your quilts are yummy, it's the lovely fabric you used. I've got out my Kaffe fabric to kick start me again and about time I updated my blog!

Love reading all the blogs please keep posting here

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Hi Wendy,
                Are you going to the festival of quilts at the N E C this year? I hope to go and have the accommodation booked the only thing that will stop me is my health.
                I don't think Pam is going this year but I would love to meet up with anyone else going,....... usual place inside main entrance 1pm
                I will be there Thursday and Friday.
                I'm really looking forward to it as I haven't been to any shows since Sandown last year, I am hoping to go to that 17th --19th June.
                I haven't done any sewing since last November I go to my sewing room and just stand there and I don't know what to do so I need inspiration.
                Looking forward to hopefully meet up with old friends
                Anne

Comment

Hi Anne nice to see you and sorry your health isn't good. I will go but not made any plans yet, so looking forward to meeting up. There'll be lots there to get you started again. How about a class or just breathe in all the lovely fabric B)

Comment

Anne, I will say a prayer your health allows you to go to the show. What a wonderful way to get inspiration!. Hope you and Wendy have a wonderful time. Take some pictures for us.

Comment

Thank you Wendy and Cathy, I don't feel ill but on Friday I am having an Angiogram and maybe a stent depending on what they find.
                      Keeping my fingers crossed.
                      Anne

Comment

Eeek good luck, will be thinking of you xxx

Comment

Anne, You'll be in my prayers on Friday, and after. You have been through a lot. I am sure this upcoming procedure is heavy on your mind. Take care. Be kind to yourself. It's next to impossible to feel creative or inspired when we're not feeling our best. It's a great time to enjoy the creativity of others. I believe you'll be feeling better soon. Keep us posted. We'll be looking for news after Friday.

Comment

Yikes Anne sending positive thoughts your way too!
                            Take care, Barb

Comment

Thank you all.....I will be glad when it is over.
                              Hopefully will just be in hospital for one day.
                              Anne

Comment

Anne, I'll be praying for you! My DH has had that done a few times, and all is well in that department. Last time, they did it through the wrist, outpatient. Modern medicine is incredible! (But, I had to drive him to work for a few days, so he complained about that saying he was "just fine!")
                                Hopefully, the quilt show will get your creative juices going! I suppose adjusting to the single life has a lot to do with the low mojo. But, it is good to see you back with us!

BJ, I shared my Hoffman Challenge over on the Virtual Retreat Forum. I am in the quilting stage of it, now. How is yours coming?

Dawn

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 67 users online. 0 members and 67 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X