[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Member Blog Notifications

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been quilting my hexagon quilt in between coughing fits.
    You can read the second post here.
    You can read the third post here.

I'm excited about getting this project to the finish. . .I'm getting there!

Comment

Hi all -

I just finished a new blog post. This one is just about knitting, but some of you are interested in knitting so I thought I'd let you know about it. If interested, you can read about what I'm working on here.

Thanks!!

Comment

I finished that hexagon quilt. I'm enjoying it hanging!!! You can read about it here.

Miss J and I altered the hemline in one of her favorite dresses. You can read about it here.

Comment

Hi all y'all. I finally got to a place in my schedule to stop and read the blogs and catch up in other things on the site. Great work and inspiring. I have been making a new show quilt I had not scheduled in my ongoing 2018 plan. I know, most of you don't work by schedule, but I find I work better if I do. Anyway, I have been blogging away from showing my work because I am keeping this latest quilt under wraps until the judging occurs at Mid Atlantic Quilt Festival, that is if it gets into the show. So I have been writing a few blogs about subjects I think quilters are interested in. You can read one here and another here. I'm hoping to touch base more often now. Hope I'll see some of you at the MAQF. Cheers. BJ

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

BJ, I can hardly wait to see your newest piece. I also entered into MAQF, the nice thing about Mancuso shows is they don't make you wait forever to get an answer. It is frustrating somewhat with AQS shows to wait sometimes 4 months to get an answer if your quilt made it in and the waiting obstructs entering that quilt into other shows. Oh, well, we will hear soon.

Sharon in Colorado

Comment

I finished a couple of ID badges which you can read about here and here. I thought about making them last August! I've one more to stitch. . .this one will be for me! The fabrics below--the pink background fabric for sure--might end up in a circle block which is a challenge block. I've sketched some designs and am ready to draft a pattern.

Comment

I finished the third ID badge. This one is for me and I started a new project! I also was a winner for the 2017 Finish-A-Long. It was fun picking a few more fabrics for my stash. . .now, I'd better get to stitching so I meet my goal of having a net loss of fabric in my stash this year!

Comment

Hi all -

I just finished a blog post about Patsy Thompson's ruler class that she had for free in her blog in January. It was fun and I really like my final project. If you're interested, you can read about it here.

Thanks!

Comment

Terry and Nancy, love your blog posts! Nancy your finished piece is beautiful. Terry, your badges are cute and I can't wait to see what you do with your denim piece. That's not an easy fabric to work with!

geneva
                    Geneva

Comment

Terry I can't get my head round how big your stash must be! Nice little bag Terry, love the red fabrics with the black Ginko. Get back to sewing

In awe of your quilting as always Nancy, it's interesting seeing it building up. The rulers must make it a lot quicker than how you drafted with the Cindy Needham inspired piece. I'm on the line with them, they're expensive over here, I could be building Terry's stash. I do love your piece.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

The grands have been stitching. Miss J completed a whole family of bunnies which you can read about here. Miss K completed a mermaid which you can read about here. As for my stash, Wendy, if I hadn't replaced the fabrics as I stitched them into projects, I'd have a lot less fabric. . .but, this year, I'm trying to ignore the pull of replacing the fabrics at the same rate or at an accelerated rate. . .meaning, I was bringing more home than I'm using! I'm also working to use fabrics that I've petted for years!!

Comment

I shared about my thread stash here.. What kind of thread is your favorite?
                          This morning, we are having our second snow day of the week, which is unusual. I shared here what I did and plan to do!

Comment

Saturday morning, I took a class and painted on fabric. It was a blast! Saturday afternoon, I taught a free motion quilting class. Participant feedback was positive. . .whew!!!

Comment

Last summer I watched a cute little critter, a cicada, as it emerged from its shell. I turned the photos that I took into a fabric/photo art quilt. If you would like to take a peek, please click here.

Comment

I played with some selvages and stitched a tote. You can see it here. Then I wanted to preserve a drawing from one of the grands. You can see it here!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 55 users online. 0 members and 55 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X