[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Member Blog Notifications

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nancy, I just had to tell you something!

Yesterday at our Quilt Guild meeting a fellow member showed her slides from Houston 2015. She had a picture of all the winning quilts. All of a sudden up popped your quilt "Tea for Two" and I said "I know her!" It was fun to see your quilt again.

Just thought you'd like to know people are still enjoying your lovely, award winning work!

geneva
    Geneva

Comment

Hi Geneva -

That's so exciting! Thanks for letting me know! Somehow, I almost missed this post. It didn't show up as a new post for me under the "Recent Topics". Not sure what happened, but I'm sure glad I saw it!

I just finished another blog post about this year's Houston show. This is the second half of the show quilts that I'm going to share. If interested, check it out here. The next series will be the quits in the different exhibits. I'll let you all know when that's ready.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving (or a wonderful Thursday for my friends from other places around the world)!!

Comment

I'm working on quilting a project and posted about it here:
        https://terryknott.blogspot.com/2016/11/quilting-process-past-ditch.html
        Thanks, Nancy for your comment to my post last Sunday.

Comment

I finished stitching the "bones" of the design and posted about it here:
          https://terryknott.blogspot.com/2016/12/the-design-and-rulers.html
          Darn! I wasn't able to use rulers.

Comment

Hi all l-

I finally finished my last blog post on this year's Houston show. This post shows a bunch more of the quilts in the special exhibits. If interested, you can read the post here.
            Now I can move on to more of the stuff that I'm doing......

Enjoy!

Comment

Hi all -

This year I've been busily not only making gifts, but making gift bags for the gifts. I really like how my gift bags turned out and wrote up a blog post with a tutorial for making the bags. If you're interested, you can see the tutorial here. I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks!

Comment

One things for sure, none of your friends or family are going to have cold heads this year!
                Thank you for the tutorial on making gift bags, that's a really nice idea and so cheerful. I like the little ironing block it looks very useful, I shall watch out for one.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

I stitched the first line in my narrow purple border. I posted about it here:
                  https://terryknott.blogspot.com/2016/12/border-design-and-ruler-work.html
                  Now, I'm going to read Nancy's post!

Comment

I've started quilting the base lines for the outer border of my quilt. You can read about it here:
                    https://terryknott.blogspot.com/2016/12/outer-border-beginnings.html

Comment

I finished a section of grid quilting. You can read about it here:
                      https://terryknott.blogspot.com/2016/12/72-star-points-grid-quilted.html

Comment

Betty Jo,
                        Thank you for sharing things you have learned about rulers, thread and gloves on you blog. I read all 5 of them. Thank you for taking the time to do this.

Have you tried the new Bernina ruler foot and the Bernina rulers?

Judy

Comment

Hi Judy. Thanks for taking the time to read my blogs! I have tried the #72 foot in the store and liked it very much. I have one on order because it has a height adjustment that I think will be fantastic for using on my Q20, even though I already have the #96 for that. Q20 has no height adjustment on it, though it works for almost everything. I saw from Lisa Calle, the Bernina Q series ambassador, that she found it to be really useful on her Q24, so after trying it in the store, I decided to get one too. Besides, it would work on my 830 if I have something special I wanted to do with ruler work there too. Unfortunately the first batch was already spoken for, so mine is still on order. LOL.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

Hi all -

I just finished my nephew Trevor's wallhanging, just in time for Christmas! I decided to call it Grandma's Choice since it was made with a set of fabrics that were given to me by my mom, with a few additions from me. I wrote about the quilting choices in a new blog post here. If interested, please stop by.

That finishes all of my Christmas sewing, just in time!

Thanks!

Comment

I took a bit of a detour and made a few folded star ornaments that were blogged about on this site. You can see what I made:
                              https://terryknott.blogspot.com/2016/12/a-bit-of-detour.html
                              Look out though, I wasn't able to stop at one!!!

Comment

Terry, what great way to use up scraps and play with the grandkids!

Thanks to TQS for posting this also.

geneva
                                Geneva

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 44 users online. 0 members and 44 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X