[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Okay, Count me in!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

When it comes to magazines I want the real thing, especially if they have patterns in them. I received a Nook color for Mother's Day last year and love it! It allows me to change the font size and background color/light. This feature I can adjust according to the amount of light in the room to make it easier on the eyes. I also like the ability to download a book when I want it and not have to wait to get to a store or order online. I guess you could call it instant gratification, but one can get spoiled with this feature after awhile Oh, did I mention I love my iPod and Droid phone. Guess It could be said that I like tech toys. Oh, and I did get the pineapple ruler and book and have been trying out some blocks in various neutrals. So far I haven't made a lot of headway since I've been working on this year's BOM.
    Fi

Comment

You ladies are just too much fun! Even though we all have our different opinions and similar ones as well, one thing is for certain: WE'RE ALL CUT FROM THE SAME CLOTH! :mrgreen:

Lotti, I just loved your comments about cook books! Thanx for sharing! :lol:

BTW, has everyone noticed how many wonderful female engineers (all kinds) have turned into being pro quilters and are designing the absolute best tools for us to use in our fantastic quilts?! And...they've been guest teachers on TQS! Lucky us!

Comment

on a completely different topic ....look what I got today

Woohoo!!

Comment

Woo-hoo indeed! hope you can get there.

At this rate Ricky won't be home enough to play in his new studio - or get if finished this year.

Comment

Woo-Hoo too

Comment

Yes, I wonder what happened to his studio makeover. There was a flurry of activity there for a while and then nothing for months. Oh well, back to some pineapples!

Comment

I checked Ricky's schedule and he is going to be on a whirlwind 2-month trip worldwide! He leaves the end of this month and won't be home until the end of April! Go Ricky!

Comment

Holy Smoke! I stepped away for a what I thought was just a moment ... and this thread ... has gone wild! I'm back and able to stitch (shoulder injury). Still getting caught up on all my back-log obligations. I've been shipping orders like mad...and thanks for spreading the word and giving me the love. To date, the Trash to Treasure Pineapple Challenge is in every state of the union (USA), a good part of Canada, and in 15 other fabulous countries I would like to visit.

I just love seeing all the new T2T pineapple quilts.

Comment

Originally posted by Gyleen
                    Holy Smoke! I stepped away for a what I thought was just a moment ... and this thread ... has gone wild! I'm back and able to stitch (shoulder injury). Still getting caught up on all my back-log obligations. I've been shipping orders like mad...and thanks for spreading the word and giving me the love. To date, the Trash to Treasure Pineapple Challenge is in every state of the union (USA), a good part of Canada, and in 15 other fabulous countries I would like to visit.

Good to know the shoulder is better and that you are back in business sewing-wise. My pineapple quilt top is nearly done. Still making decisions about the border. I am also in the process of making an "old fashion quilt frame/a four stick frame" ala Joe Cunningham. I will use it for basting. I am done crawling on the floor to do that. I have the sticks finished and all the lumber is cut to size for the legs. Also had to make fabric Valentines for all the grandchildren. Tangents and sidetracks keep me busy. I'll soon be back to the pineapple quilt. Lois

Comment

Originally posted by Gyleen

Glad to hear from you again. Perhaps we will get back to the topic of pineapples again! I have cut lots of strips from my scraps. I have a large pile of more scraps too. I guess that it is time to get to work...

I hope that your shoulder is feeling better.

Comment

Gyleen, glad you a re back and able to sew again. Thanks for the comment about the swirls. I am nearly half way through this one and I am already thinking ahead to my next one. They are completely addictive.

Comment

great to see you back here gyleen, glad you are mending well :P

Comment

OK, this may seem like a simple question, but I can't seem to find the answer. . . How big is a twin bed quilt? I need to know how many pineapples to make for a twin size quilt. I have found measurements from 59"X85" to 81"X107". Needless to say that is a big difference in the number of pineapples :!: I originally thought I could do it with about 24 (4squares X 6 squares), but now I think I need at least 48 (6 squares X 8 squares + sashing and borders). Thanks to all who post here. You have been an invaluable help to me (my dissertation chair might disagree :wink: :wink: ).

Comment

According to my "Taking the Math out of Making Patchwork Quilts" book a
                              twin mattress is39x 75
                              blanket is 66x90
                              sheet is 66x96
                              comforter is 68x86
                              bedspread is 80x106
                              Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

It also says that batting measurements give you an indication of the sizes in which quilts are most commonly made. It gives the batting size for a twin as 72x90 / 65x97
                                Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 25 users online. 0 members and 25 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X