Okay, Count me in!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW! Lotti, your swirls are awesome!!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Lotti, the swirls look great!

Comment

Originally posted by rehak
        Lotti -

I really love what you did with the swirls! What a great idea!!

My current "make a few blocks here and there" quilt is a Judy Martin log cabin quilt. I'll have to wait until I finish the blocks for that one before jumping into pineapple blocks. But when I do, I might borrow your swirl idea, if you don't mind.

Nancy
        i certainly don't mind - and i probably borrowed it from someone else - after all similar things have been around for ever and ever.
        although i tried out a few different things, including just taking what comes... i wanted this to be a bit more controlled...

Comment

Lotti, they are wonderful! Compliments on your swirly pineapples! Renata

Comment

Hello everyone.
            Lorene, I love your blocks. I really like the red centers. If I ever get time to cut strips I want to use a red center.
            Lotti, I really like your design and the black/white fabrics with the red centers. I'm going to use your idea some
            time for my Niece but with purple centers, her favorite colors.
            I know that none of you will believe this, but I started quilting in 1980 and lost all my finished quilts, UFO's, and huge
            stash because of a divorce. I had to leave everything behind when I left Arizona and moved to Oregon. I thougt
            it was safe in storage. My ex and his new girlfriend, (my bestfriend!!) had a yard sale and sold everything. They
            sold my (ugly floor lamp) an OTT-Lamp, $200.00 at the time for $2.00. I sure hope a quilter or needleworker
            bought it.
            Anyway, things always work out the way God plans because I am remarried and have never been happier in my
            life. Oh I forgot, I did get a few quilt related items a year later, including my Pfaff machine. It was irreplaceable
            for me at the time.
            Of course I have been buying fabric but have been really sick the last year and have only finished one project.
            So, I only have 2-1/2" strips in batiks. I had written Gyleen to tell her I didn't have any scraps and then I
            remembered these. Hopefully, in the next week I can get a few blocks sewn together. I am trying to finish my
            HST quilt.
            Sorry for the past history but guess I needed to write about it this morning.

Happy Quilting,
            Cathe

Comment

Oh Lotti, you have done so much by hand! Amazing. Is that a snail trail? Now I am going to have to try that too! Oh this is so much fun. Can't wait to get back home on sunday! Rita.

Comment

Cathe, we all need to gripe once in a while - your history is part of your now - the important thing is that you got rid of him (and your ex-friend too) and ARE HAPPY now. hope health is better and you can enjoy some fabric-play !

Comment

rita, yes it is - i think :roll: am not very good at pattern naming - i just see something somewhere and a while later when i try out things these come to mind...
                  the swirls are very easy to do - not much thinking so sewing is quite quick and i can do so while chatting with friends, listening to the tv, listening to a good book, on the train while trying not to miss my stops... tomorrow morning at the hairdresser? well actually - i'm hoping to take out and move those squares on the strippers quilt that ended up in the wong place - a good hairdresser job - should keep me busy while i wait for the color to set and the meche to set, and the cut - i tend to spend a whole morning at the hairdresser when i go - but i love those mornings - might it have to do with the fact that my hairdresser was runner up for mr. switzerland about 10 years ago or so :twisted:

Comment

Mr Switzerland is your hairdresser? Well I can't beat that. :lol: Enjoy your morning. Rita.X

Comment

no, vito unfortunately did not make it to mr. switzerland - only runner up - i.e. vice-mr.
                      but he is very good - and awfully good to look at too :wink:

oh - he was also hair-stylist of the year - absolutely no vice in that one :lol:

Comment

:lol: :lol:

Comment

Lotti, I love your swirls! Very creative! And, I am a big fan of black/white/red! I have tons of those colors!

Dawn
                          In beautiful Northwest Montana

Comment

I am really enjoying seeing everyone's blocks. I've got to get me that book and ruler so I can make some too!

Comment

My work in progress. I plan on making it a LOT bigger as I have a LOT of scraps

I was toying with the idea of black sashing (mainly so I don't have to match any seams ) - any thoughts?

Robyn
                              South Australia

Comment

wow robyn, this is looking great

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 53 users online. 0 members and 53 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X