[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Okay, Count me in!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Lotti, how's the head? Are you feeling better?

Comment

Thanks Nancy. How's the snow up your way?

Comment

Lots of snow on the ground, but a bright, sunny day today! Looks like we might be in for a couple more inches tomorrow night, but that'll seem like nothing at this point! But it's good we got the snow so maybe we'll have water come summer...

Nancy

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
          thanks - yes i'm still around and smiling.
          actually went to the movies last night - got a phone call mid afternoon - we're going to the movies - you have to see this - the 5:15 show here in baar... well that's only a 5 minute walk away - and i'll be home again by 7:30 so..... (obviousy i hadn't told anyone about my concussion) movie was:
          "Intouchables" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1675434/
          fantastic movie - french movie - true story - if you don't speak french - try to see a synchronized version as the dialogue is very very important - subtitles don't usually manage to get that accross.
          will definitely be purchasing this one - goes in the same shelf as "waking ned divine", "84 charing cross road", "dear frankie", "the bucket list" and similar favorites!!!

re my head: had to close my eyes during the cinema's intermission commercial slide show - much too bright - and the car chase scene at the beginning was also a bit much for my head at the moment - but otherwise concussion seems under control - shouldn't spend too much time on the pc today - but will get to that when i get to the office (late totay, i think - luckily we have "gliding time" so, just have to do our set nr. of hours in the week and can sort of slide the length of the individual days between 6:30 am and 7:00 pm... and as i have to do irregular hours - i can slide anywhere within the 24 hours as long as i'm there between 9am and 4 pm - pretty practical actually). better finish getting dressed and go - also have those berrylicious ice creams and the asparagus salad reels to take to the post office :wink: :wink: :wink:

Comment

Sounds like a good movie Lotti. Did you mean 'Waking Ned Divine'? Hope you manage okay in work today. And most importantly, hope you get those reels in the post today.

Comment

ooops - where did i get that "long live" from? oh yes - of course - them and their true to the spirit title translations - the copy sitting on my shelf is with the german cover... "Lang Lebe (long live) ND" - no wonder... yes of course - have fixed my post...

yup - doing ok - have learned that i should not sit too close to the pc monitor and that the bright sunny day is not the best to be sitting near a window... (shades now down, and it won't be either bright or sunny by the time i walk home(, and one should walk slowly - not run up or down the stairs or bend or lift too much :roll: :roll: :roll: then everything is fine.

reels are in my purse ready to go - so i just have to make it to the P.O. before they close... as i plan to leave earlyish and walk right past the P.O. on the way home, that shouldn't be a problem :lol:

Comment

Hi Lotti -

I'm glad you're feeling better. Continue to take care of yourself so you can get back to 100%.

Nancy

Comment

Gosh, Lotti, sounds like you probably shouldn't be in work! Please take care of yourself. On a lighter note, my DH composed the music for Waking Ned Divine and I think I am singing on there somewhere too!

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
                    I think I missed something. What happened to Lotti? You've got to take care, Lotti?

Comment

Lotti slipped on some ice, banged her head and was concussed for the weekend. I don't know where she posted it but it was somewhere on the forum.

Comment

hello lois,
                        thank you - i don't know what i was doing - going out to have dinner with friends when there's snow and ice on the ground :roll:
                        smart people would stay at home and sew - of course in my case - i would probably trip over the sewing machine cable or a pile of fabric :P :P :P am happy and smiling again - but will stay away from wholehearted laughter for another few days (and take the elevator)... i figure that if i can work, i'm allowed to sew

Comment

Lotti,
                          sorry you slipped and got hurt--hope you recover soon. You have such a marvelously positive attitude about it all, and a great sense of humor! Take care of yourself!
                          Renata

Comment

Glad you are feeling better, Lotti! Take care of you! Rita~ is Shaun Davey your husband? Probably everyone else already knows if he is...I'm just very late connecting the dots!

in 'Yes, I Know the Way to San Jose...', California, USA

Comment

Yes Charae, but he's still on probation as we have only been together for 23 years!

Comment

Originally posted by clhdabb
                                Rita~ is Shaun Davey your husband? Probably everyone else already knows if he is...I'm just very late connecting the dots!
                                Charae, don't worry not everyone else knows and I didn't seee any dots to connect ops: ops: ops: I regret to admit that I have no irish connections and had to google the name Shaun Davey. ops: Who was standing beside him inthe photo but a very attractive lady called Rita, his wife and my TQS friend. Now I understand. Rita you are looking good girl!!!

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 63 users online. 0 members and 63 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X