Okay, Count me in!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

great pink pineapples brenda, she'll love it to bits :P

Comment

Brenda, what I really like about the pink pineapples is how the purple makes the pink pop and the white shimmer. Lovely! Renata

Comment

I have book and ruler . . . have been quilting for 30 years - never made a pineapple! Am practicing - have made 3 blocks, still not one that measures a perfect 8 and a half inches for final trim. For some reason, 2 opposing sides on round 5 keep coming about an eighth-inch short . . . otherwise the rest is perfect! Yes, I've been measuring like crazy! Will try another!

Comment

I have made 6 blocks so far, it's very addictive, and as I run out of scraps I'm cutting new strips.
          I don't have the ruler ( can't seem to get it in the UK ) but I have found that I can use the Jodie Barrows Square in a square it works quite well.
          Maybe I will be able to get Gyleens ruler at the Festival of Quilts UK in August.
          Happy quilting
          Anne

Comment

Amapola, have you checked your 1/4" foot to make sure that it is accurate? I had a problem like that and had to adjust my foot about 3 threads to the right. It's amazing the difference that can make. Rita.

Comment

Originally posted by Amapola
              I have book and ruler . . . have been quilting for 30 years - never made a pineapple! Am practicing - have made 3 blocks, still not one that measures a perfect 8 and a half inches for final trim. For some reason, 2 opposing sides on round 5 keep coming about an eighth-inch short . . . otherwise the rest is perfect! Yes, I've been measuring like crazy! Will try another!
              If you are unsure about your 1/4", you might want to try my "test": http://good-times.webshots.com/album/569415726bHNKHF

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
              That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

I ordered the book and ruler and have finished 20 blocks. I love the look, but the trauma of random is sometimes more than I can handle. The blocks have made a big dent in my scrap pile, but not so much with the closet stash. I am looking forward to trying some variations of lights and darks for another look. My big thing now is how big do I want to make this quilt?

Comment

i am in too where do i get the book and ruler
                  toni in south australia

Comment

hello toni
                    i ordered mine directly from gyleen's website:
                    http://www.colourfulstitches.com/
                    i purchased the book and tool combo for US$ 34
                    http://www.colourfulstitches.com/xca...n=0&page=1
                    and am having lots and lots of fun with it :lol:

Comment

thanks for that just ordered the book and the ruler , cant wait till it arrives thanks toni :P

Comment

I am going to sort out the fabric tomorrow in my sewing room thats if i can get in the door. Over christmas it was used a a junk room and I am still trying to put it back in order. So i will have to dive in and do it.
                        Off to bed to dream quilting again. yours toni

Comment

can someone help me. How do i change my profile to a photo
                          can you please help thanks toni

Comment

Originally posted by tannes
                            can someone help me. How do i change my profile to a photo
                            can you please help thanks toni
                            Toni you can watch a video about posting photos to your profile here: http://daily-blog/109-tutorials/1270...-your-pictures

To add an avatar (profile photo) click on MY ACCOUNT (on the far right of the purple bar)
                            Click on MY PROFILE and scroll down to the box for PROFILE IMAGE.
                            Click on UPLOAD PROFILE IMAGE>click on choose photo> navigate to your desired photo in your computer files>select it and click OPEN.
                            Then click UPLOAD PHOTO
                            The top of the page will show a green bar that says "image uploaded"
                            Scroll to the very bottom of the page and click on SUBMIT

Sometimes it takes a while for it to show up on the forum (it's a safety thing to catch spamers) and sometimes you will need to refresh or re-start your computer in order to see it.

Hope that helps!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                            That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Hi Margo
                              I like the new photo
                              Anne

Comment

Me too!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 70 users online. 0 members and 70 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X