[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Okay, Count me in!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my, Robyn, that looks fantastic! As for sashing, I am sure black sashing would be great too. But either way would work I think. I did notice in the book that Gyleen does say that she doesn't worry about matching seams because it is all scraps anyway she just concentrates on getting the edges to match. But I guess with the black sashing it would definitely not be an issue. The dark centres are great too. pineapples are fun to do aren't they? Rita.

Comment

Robyn, I love your blocks! I like the black combining squares. They really make it all come together. I think black sashing would be gorgeoous.
      Karen

Comment

Originally posted by benno
        My work in progress. I plan on making it a LOT bigger as I have a LOT of scraps

I was toying with the idea of black sashing (mainly so I don't have to match any seams ) - any thoughts?

Robyn
        South Australia
        I like the secondary diamond pattern that forms. I think that sashing would eliminate that effect.

Diane

Comment

I have completed my quilt top. Since it is 4th in line to quilt, it may be awhile before it is completed.
          I really enjoyed the process and using a lot of scraps! I already have plans to make more - perhaps after I finish some of the incomplete quilts?

Comment

Lorene that is just beautiful! Have you posted it in the Pineapple Show and Tell? I really love the colours and the piano keys border. I am working on one with a purple centre but otherwise it's random. I am making it for my daughter's friend who is in hospital having just had major surgery on her bowel, poor thing. So hopefully I can get it done in time for her to snuggle under it for her recovery. Rita. X

Comment

Robin and Lorene, your quilts are just beautiful!

Comment

Robin, that is a great idea. It goes very quickly so I hope she loves it.

Comment

Lorene, that piano key border is a great idea. I'm making a bigger quilt and still probably will have many strips left. That would be so great to use those strips in a border! Way to go!

I've only got 18 blocks made so far. Am now making the strip sets for the reels exchange so won't be making much progress on Pineapples for a while.

Kathy

Comment

Great pineapples, Lorene! Love those miters !!

Comment

What is this about?

Comment

Originally posted by squirrelie55
                        What is this about?
                        Sue, check the first page of this topic: http://forum/trash-to-treasure-pinea...ay-count-me-in
                        It is just friendly sharing of blocks made after watching TQS Episode 909: http://watch/watch-shows/video/show-...-into-treasure

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                        That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Hi! Sue... Think we'll have winter now ? Snowing right along as I write ! These pineapple creations are just
                          the most fun and use lots of scraps. Gyleen's show was super!! Marilyn in Council..on HYW 95.

Comment

Sounds like fun Marilyn - yes it has been snowing here and expecting more today.
                            Sue from Grangeville

Comment

Lorene, and anybody else who has sewn these blocks together without sashing, can you please tell me how you stopped your machine from gobbling up those tiny corners? And also, did you press the seams open? In anticipation, Rita.

Comment

Rita, I haven't made a pineapple block yet ops: but you might find that using a stiletto and "starty/stoppies" helpful.
                                Check out how I used them here: http://daily-blog/103-good-advice/14...-seam-accuracy

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                                That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 60 users online. 0 members and 60 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X