[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

The Artist's Way

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sandy, I am not doing the Artist thing, but your comments would have been my comments. I agree with you on everything. I can't even create my own comments, yours will do just fine. Judy in AZ where it is going to be 112 again today

Comment

Oh Judy, I laughed out loud, and I've found that starting to write down the comments is the hardest part for sure.......and Sandy is right, when those negative things start to come, they really come....and we all have them. Sandy, I think being willing to write them down and actually have them before you is a great start to seeing how to change them. I am plodding along doing TAW as well....it is a challenge for me but just after three days, I can see where I'm going to become more aware of so much about myself. I think everybody realizes what holds them back, but we don't dare stop daily life and responsibilites long enough to think about it, much less act on it. I see this as a wonderful tool to not only be more aware, but to also become more willing to change.

Anytime we can find a way to replace a negative with a positive, it can only have one outcome........and that is that we become a better person bit by bit. Sandy, we can figure this out together and we will all be so excited in the end.

Dana in Olive Branch, MS

Comment

Originally posted by sandytn
        I've read Week 1 and I don't do Morning Pages everyday but I'm trying.

At first I could not think of any ‘blurts of negativity’ but when they start they don’t stop:
        I’m don’t think of myself as creative because I use someone else’s pattern whether it is for appliqué or traditional blocks
        I don’t plan a quilting design but most of the time I quilt in a grid pattern
        I am afraid to experiment with color and tend to stick with the colors in the pattern picture
        I have no style that says this quilt is me and can’t even settle on one appliqué technique
        I honestly don’t believe that I can be a quilt artist
        I don’t refer to quilting as an art to my family and friends. I was raised that quilts were practical and not artistic
        I don’t enter quilt shows because I don’t think my quilt making skills are good enough
        I don’t try hard enough to improve my sewing skills
        ……so is this the type of things the blurts are meant to be. I'm focusing on quilting creativity but hopefully there are some other creative genes just waiting to be let loose.

Ditto to every one of your points. I was thinking of putting a tablet in the dining room/kitchen to write myself out of snacking on food I just don't need to eat........do you think that would work?

Comment

I have read up thru the first week and have done morning pages for 3 days. I am thankful that I don't have to be at work really early because I am not a happy early riser. I am excited to see where the pages lead because I think journaling is a really powerful tool. I am trying to come up with affirmations-- they are hard for me :-)
          Linda

Comment

Sandy-

I have been having a really hard time with the blurts but heard myself in every one that you wrote! Thanks for sticking them out there, it's really helpful.

Lisa

Comment

Judy - let me know if the tablet works. I have just wanted to nible since last Friday. I don't know if it is in anticipation of the holiday weekend or what. Thank goodness I don't have too many bad things to nibble on in the house.

I think the easy part is admiting the negativity that I feel and to write down how to turn into a positive but the hard part is doing something about it. But that is part of the journey. Baby steps.

Comment

OMG, Sandy!! I have been avoiding the blurts big time but you nailed mine on the head! Plus I'm trying to find the passion again.
                Judy, please post if the tablet works. That might be a key for a lot of us.
                I personally don't think just writing down the positive for every negative will change me. I think we are all swimming upstream right now and have to hold onto each other.
                A lot is coming out in this and I can't help but think it will be a very good thing for all of us.
                I'm going to dig deeper for my morning pages, thank you for this.
                Eileen

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
                Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

I have learned that my creativity gene is not writing. I'm glad I am speaking for a lot of you because getting my thoughts to paper did not come easy. I wordsmithed it to death and finally just submitted.

Comment

I am grateful that no one needs to read my morning pages.....well they couldn't even if they tried. My writing is horrid. I am going to put the tablet out on the counter today. I will use it for my blurts too.

Comment

You are brave to put include blurts on a tablet you leave out. My family might add some of their own.

Comment

My family doesn't pay any attention to the things on the counter. During the day no one is here but me and 8 little ones, most don't know how to read yet.

I wrote I am hungry, then said I am not hungry I just ate. Hopefully this phrase will turn into a positive weight loss.

Comment

I haven't been able to think of anything to write for the tasks regarding people who have had a negative impact. I just could not come up with any memories of negative comments in my past.

This morning after I had written my morning pages, I realized that I had written a long list of blurts, all negative, all about me. Nothing that anyone else has said about or to me, but things that I often say to myself!

I guess that I am my own negative person!

Joyce

Comment

Joyce- I had the same experience. Couldn't come up with any negative memories-- but didn't have any trouble coming up with negative stuff that I tell myself!
                            Linda

Comment

Linda and Joyce, I too am my own worse critic. I have a few people who are negative but it isn't just too me, they're just negative people.

What have you learned about yourself so far?
                              I have learned that patients solves all problems.
                              I have learned that I am very easily distracted by media and things. How to solve this issue? No clue. That would mean not turning on the tv or the computer. Can I do that?

Comment

Judy, I think one of the things I can see already that TAW will help me with is balance.......to learn more about not bouncing around from one thing to another and to be able to see what I'm inspired with and stick with it to the end. I get so distracted and then give up so many times. :roll:

Dana in Olive Branch, MS

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X