[vb_main_1]

The Artist's Way

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this looks great!

On the 29th I will be en route back from North Carolina to Houston after my sister and I and her two grandchildren have our cross-country adventure to visit MY grandchildren (and daughters.) We hope for it to be a real ADVENTURE for the kids, ages 8 and 5, and for the cousins to finally get to know each other a bit.

But I will be writing in my journal! And checking TQS every day at my daughters!
    Lynn

Comment

I started my Morning Pages this morning. I did not get up 30 minutes earlier but did them when I got to work before even checking email and TQS. I just wrote whatever popped in my head and filled 3 pages with nonsense. It's surprising how one thought leads to another and you end up in a totally different place from where you started.

Comment

WooHoo, Sandy!!! That's just the way to go.
        Eileen

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
        Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

I started my pages today too. Then did an "artist date" - took a hike up one of my favorite trails. Of course I had to take my dogs with me - that's still being alone. And usually they are not a distraction, they just make me smile. However, today one of them started to chase a skunk. That changes the whole hike. I still enjoyed the wild geraniums and wild roses that are blooming. As well as many other wild flowers. Just couldn't appreciate their fragrance as well today. Tomorrow's a new day.

Comment

That's a great artist date inspite of the skunk. I've been thinking but haven't come up with anything yet.

Comment

Stormy,
              What's your first name?
              eileenkny

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
              Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Hi Eileen, my name is Colleen

Comment

Can I get in? I have started this on my own several times but never have made it thru.

Lisa

Comment

Lisa - Welcome! If you have 50 quilts picked out to do we need to make sure you stay creative. I probably have 51 picked out.

Comment

Count me in I ordered my book today.
                      Camille

Comment

I have to share that I am visiting my DD and her 2 kiddos after having traveled across country with my sister and her 2 grandchildren (ages 5 and 8) for 2 days from Texas to NC. These 2 kids are from a pretty unstable home with alot of custody battles, lack of discipline, lack of boundaries, and marginal parenting. Their behavior is pretty much like that of little wild animals at times.

For me, a real Type A and person who is not used to being around little kids very often, this has been a real trial and work of temperance! Sometimes I've been pretty successful and sometimes I've been at my wits end. I got so frustrated on the trip out here, I actually journaled on my cell phone in the 'memo' category until I had it out of my system! I hate to admit it, but I'm not really pleased to see my own short-comings, but these are pretty glaring!

Part of MY goal for this cross-country trip has been to give these kids a chance to see a really committed family working together and to give them an opportunity to be away from all the unstableness of their own lives. I have to keep reminding myself that THIS trip it's not about me!!!! They really need a little normalcy and a LOT OF LOVE!

So I guess all of this to say, I have begun my journaling and when you consider part of it's purpose is to empty the mind for creativity, I've done that! And it really did help!
                        Lynn :?:

Comment

I am not completely familiar with the Artists Way......but I ordered the book. I would like to be able to focus more on positive creative thoughts. I bought my book on ebay I don't know if I will receive it by Sunday. I will work to follow or catch up with everyone here. Thank you for the inspiration. Judy in California

Comment

{{{{{{{{{{Lynn}}}}}}}}}}}}

Comment

Woo Hoo! Patti, I don't know what all those brackets mean? :?: :?: :?:

Comment

That's Patti giving you hugs! :wink:

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18 users online. 0 members and 18 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X