[vb_main_1]

Month 3--show small houses here

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bammer View Post
    BARBARA, can you please tell me what to do so that my photo shows up with my post from yesterday? I thought I attached it correctly but a long rectangle with a lot of letters & symbols is all that is there— TYIA for any help with this!
    I explained it the other day in the Topic: Posting Photos on the Forum

BARBARA BLACK
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

This reply by NancyVandegrift has been deleted by NancyVandegrift

I like sparkles so in they go on the "music" house.

Comment

I am loving this quilt! My Cherrywood fabrics are creating the most colorful city! I am happy to learn about the freezer paper method also. It is working smoothly.

Comment

Here are my houses. Every house is a different coloured fabric, although 2 of the yellows are very close. There are several repeats of roof colours as I used some 21/2 jelly roll fabric for 10 of the houses which wasn't big enough for the roofs.
          I have sewn more then 2 together as i had a Gap when I first placed them on my wall and I wanted to check if was just the unsewn seam allowances. I also figured if I can sew a patch onto the knee of a pair of jeans I could manipulate the fabric to do the trees.
          As you can see i have done a multi coloured compass. These were the Jelly roll colours.

Comment

Happy to be done with Houses 3 and 4, and pleased with the houses sewn in pairs and the Mariners Compass. Ready for next month! Thank you Barbara for all of the tips - and thank you Wendy for the wonderful pattern.

Comment

Finally figured out how to add photo! I’m calling mine “Dancing around the World” and have added ballerinas in some of the houses. I have 3 granddaughters who take dance and will eventually have this quilt. More dancing “studios” to be added in the city buildings.

Comment

Finally got our background fabric and spent the week catching up. Is anyone else collecting crumbs? Lol

Comment

• Bammer
                  Bammer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I AM! Wanna start making something soon but haven’t decided what yet.

I am really enjoying the process of this pattern. It’s a huge learning curve for me. I could not have done this without the videos and your blog Barbara. So grateful. My goal is to use what is in my stash so scrappy it is. Used 2 backgrounds in House 1/2 & House 3/4 as I didn’t have enough. I totally stole the colors for the compass from someone here, I love it! Looking forward to the next month.

Comment

I've finished the houses of my village. Now they are waiting for the trees.

Comment

Finished houses. I changed up my original Houses 1 and 2, since I chose a different background. Thanks to Barbara for all your tips

Comment

Layout complete. Now to join two by two!

Comment

I feel so much more comfortable making houses this month. They're going together well and I only have 2 more to do. I decided to add some residents to my town. They will probably also make appearances in the larger buildings as well

Comment

• redrockslady
                          redrockslady commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I think the neighbors are wonderful

Pairs sewn together and pushed tightly together so the center houses can be visualized. I am so in love with this quilt so far!!!
                        Last edited by heidimunk; 03-20-2021, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Houses and Mariner's compass so far. I have done some of the houses to represent the houses of my family (so there are details to add later) and the gap is my sister's house because she wants to repaint their house so she's not sure she wants the current colours immortalised on a quilt! I'll see where they're up to by the time I can't put off sewing it all together and decide then what to do.
                          Edit: How do I add my photo so that it shows in the post instead of as an attachment?? When I click on the attachment says it's "invalid file specified" even though it's a jpg.
                          Last edited by beckymn; 03-21-2021, 09:40 PM.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 48 users online. 0 members and 48 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                          X