[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Month 3--show small houses here

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 3/4 hses. Still need to sew together in pairs.

Comment

Like so many others, I'm loving this BOM. My first time doing one of these projects. Guess I should pace myself so that I don't get impatient for the next installment. Its wonderful to see the group's use of different fabrics and how different they all look because of those choices. Thank you everyone for sharing!

Comment

Small houses 3and 4 separate and sewn in pairs. I need more space so I can lay it all out and get houses 1 and 2 paired up. I am loving this already. Do I get bonus point because all my house pairs are the same size?

Comment

Originally posted by heidimunk View Post
          Small houses 3and 4 separate and sewn in pairs. I need more space so I can lay it all out and get houses 1 and 2 paired up. I am loving this already. Do I get bonus point because all my house pairs are the same size?
          indeed you do! Congratulations,

BARBARA BLACK

Barbara Black
          Huntsville AL
          https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
          "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	7FB572DA-9061-4BD1-BF1D-8E6C7ABD8625.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	262.2 KB ID:	883140 Have really enjoyed doing this. Using my hand-dyed cottons and batik fabric.
            Quick tip use freezer paper off cuts to number houses so they go together in the correct order.
            this is not going very well posting may have multiple photos
            Last edited by Dizzycain; 03-15-2021, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Caught up! Click image for larger version  Name:	B8364833-E12D-4F57-8EBA-5F4AFF372492.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	938.6 KB ID:	883147

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	6FCCB44C-65A9-4FF0-B537-181463B25D39.jpeg
Views:	0
Size:	0
ID:	883166Click image for larger version

ID:	883167Click image for larger version

ID:	883168
                Decided to call mine “Dancing around the World”, adding ballerina fabric into the houses. And I have fabric with dance terms for city dance “studios” when we make those buildings. I have 3 granddaughters who take dance & will someday get this quilt.
                Last edited by Bammer; 03-16-2021, 04:58 AM. Reason: Trying to learn how to upload my photo so I’ve edited

Comment

I am having fun with this project. I find selecting the fabrics to use is the most time-consuming process. But this is a fun and gratifying quilt to make.

Comment

I’m loving how it all coming together! Still deciding whether to do the trees or not. I just love the rainbow galaxy background

Comment

• redrockslady
                      redrockslady commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Color Your Universe. How about a UFO or two instead of trees?

BARBARA, can you please tell me what to do so that my photo shows up with my post from yesterday? I thought I attached it correctly but a long rectangle with a lot of letters & symbols is all that is there— TYIA for any help with this!

Comment

I'm confused. I did my house 1 &2 without any problem. Now I'm working on house 3 and it is way longer than house 1 & 2. So is my house 1&2 to small or is house 3 to large..I haven't worked on house 4 yet because i"m so confused. I used the same computer and printer to download the patterns. Please someone help me!

Comment

• heidimunk
                        heidimunk commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Did your 1 inch block measure correctly for Small House 3? If so, check the 1 inch square for houses 1 and 2. That would be my first suggestion. You might not have had actual size checked before you printed the pattern.

• tooonce
                        tooonce commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I had the issue between my 1 and 2. heidimunk is correct. How I suggest you determine the error is to 1)print a new 1 or 2. 2) verify the scale is correct by measuring the 1 inch block on the pattern. 3) Make it and see if it's different from your first set and if it is the same size of your 3. I am so sorry -

• kjallen1
                        kjallen1 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes i double checked my 1" square to make sure they were correct. Any other suggestions.Please let me know the lengths of your houses, this will help me with my next step

I’m not sure of the background fabric indication for month 3. Small houses Nr 3 and Nr 4. There are 2 options that don’t concur

Comment

• This comment by kjallen1 has been deleted by kjallen1

kjallen1
                        kjallen1 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes i double checked my 1" square to make sure they were correct. Any other suggestions.Please let me know the lengths of your houses, this will help me with my next step

Finally finished stitching my small houses to the wholecloth linen background. Now on to planting trees!
                      Carole B. aka nhbaskets

Comment

I have all my small house done but I have a gap. Should I be worried?

Comment

Originally posted by sewskeel View Post
                          I have all my small house done but I have a gap. Should I be worried?
                          you can check your measurements on the Forum post I did about those. The subject is Size For Two Small Houses

BARBARA BLACK

Barbara Black
                          Huntsville AL
                          https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                          "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 48 users online. 0 members and 48 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                          X