[vb_main_1]

Month 3--show small houses here

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Month 3--show small houses here

Use this Topic as the place to share your Small Houses. Once all 32 are done, your center will really start to come together.

Remember to ONLY sew the houses into pairs of TWO--next month you will add TREES to each pair BEFORE sewing all the houses into a complete circle.

Barbara Black
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

How do I download Month 3? All I can access is Barbara's video.

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
    Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

• sewmarti
      sewmarti commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure if you found it. Learn Classes & Project on Purple bar and then select BOM on left bar. https://thequiltshow.com/learn/categ...color-my-world

• pamyseaberg99
      pamyseaberg99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Documents is the one to hit, it is next to video. I had the same problem until I found it.

• Rheenan
      Rheenan commented
      Editing a comment
      I am having the same problem. I have gone to Learn, BOM, and get to Month 3 but it only says "View", no download button. ??

Barbara, It is so nice to have the forum back. Now if we could just see your picture. I think they should give you a more fitting title
    than Administrator. Does anyone out there have a good suggestion??? HelenW

Comment

• QuiltMusings
      QuiltMusings commented
      Editing a comment
      Quilt wizard?

• carrolllee
      carrolllee commented
      Editing a comment
      Alpha Quilt Wizard

• lorihquilts
      lorihquilts commented
      Editing a comment
      I like Quilt Wizard too.

Originally posted by HelenW View Post
    Barbara, It is so nice to have the forum back. Now if we could just see your picture. I think they should give you a more fitting title
    than Administrator. Does anyone out there have a good suggestion??? HelenW
    They know this is a problem with my account. I am hopeful it will get fixed this week.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL

Comment

• This comment by lorihquilts has been deleted by lorihquilts

lorihquilts
      lorihquilts commented
      Editing a comment
      I like Quilt Wizard too.

Originally posted by eileenkny View Post
    How do I download Month 3? All I can access is Barbara's video.
    Click on Documents, right next to Videos
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL

Comment

Houses 3 and 4 ready to sew

Comment

• Barbara Black
        Barbara Black commented
        Editing a comment
        Excellent preparation!
        Barbara Black

I found and easy way to do the background pieces. I cut two 5.5x7.5 rectangles and placed them wrong side to wrong side . I then cut the angle on Barb's paper. The set on the right were for one house and the set on the left were for another house. This worked perfectly for both #1 and #2 house. I had a little waste and the background was pretty close to straight of grain. I will do the same for house #3 & #4

Comment

• panamkat
        panamkat commented
        Editing a comment
        I found this hack by accident! I still get the number wrong, but it's so nice to have them together!

I have a question about house #3. What is the finished measurement of the block? Because I am adding an extra level to my houses they work out to be 11 1/4" vs 10 3/4" from the other houses.

Comment

• Barbara Black
        Barbara Black commented
        Editing a comment
        Measure each pattern section, without seam allowances, add them together and add 1/2" seam allowance for the size of the houses when assembled. They are all the same size, or very close. Mine are about 11" tall.
        Barbara Black

• Laceflower
        Laceflower commented
        Editing a comment
        my houses this month are coming out higher too. my one inch square used for size is one inch. I can't figure out what is wrong or what the finished size should be for all the houses 1,2 3, and 4

Originally posted by drapelady View Post
      I found and easy way to do the background pieces. I cut two 5.5x7.5 rectangles and placed them wrong side to wrong side . I then cut the angle on Barb's paper. The set on the right were for one house and the set on the left were for another house. This worked perfectly for both #1 and #2 house. I had a little waste and the background was pretty close to straight of grain. I will do the same for house #3 & #4
      Perfect solution--easy, no confusion, each "pair" of triangles is either for Small House 3 or 4. Some want to use the least amount of fabric possible so they cut smaller and larger. Your method means you only have to cut one size. Glad that works well for you.
      Barbara Black
      Barbara Black
      Huntsville AL

Comment

I had cheated and created my small houses 3 and 4 last week, using my own design for the windows and doors. Today I rearranged the houses after watching Barbara's video. She had commented that you didn't need to adhere to keeping the houses in order -- 1, 2, 3 4 -- so I ran with it! I've grouped the houses by family in four sections for myself and my three siblings. The houses my husband and I grew up in are at the top. My siblings homes and their/our kids homes are in each section, along with the other 'neighbors.' One of my favorite houses is my nephew's with his german shepherd, Ruby, in the front door. She's a big girl, but I managed to get her likeness in 3/4 of an inch!

Tomorrow I hope to start attaching the houses to the wholecloth linen background. Having so much fun with this project!
        Carole B. aka nhbaskets

Comment

• PaolaRB
          PaolaRB commented
          Editing a comment
          love the puppy dog house! The felt houses look fantastic!

• susanmcdonald
          susanmcdonald commented
          Editing a comment
          Carole, what plans ,if any do you have for buildings? Or if you are doing buildings, or more houses? My concern is that if I embellish the small house, will it look funny if buildings are not equally embellished? Thank you.

• jeneenc
          jeneenc commented
          Editing a comment
          Your quilt is a masterpiece!

You are very creative. Love your embroidery and "big" stitches.

Comment

Are you using felt? They look fantastic!

Comment

What are you planning to do for outside
            ring of buildings?

Comment

• nhbaskets
              nhbaskets commented
              Editing a comment
              The four houses at NSEW will be the houses we’ve lived in since married 38 years ago. Other buildings will be local restaurants and shops and memorable places we’ve been in our travels. Four corners are still up for debate.

Originally posted by susanmcdonald View Post
            Are you using felt? They look fantastic!
            Yes, 100% wool felt. From what I’ve read, this is what Wendy Williams used in a lot of her quilts.
            Carole B. aka nhbaskets

Comment

Originally posted by HelenW View Post
              I did my first attempt at hand stitching. It is the outline of a moose. Not going to be in this
              project, but I think there is a whole new world of hand stitching out there for me to try. The possibilities for personalizing projects seems wonderful. HelenW
              I find wool appliqué to be very enjoyable with so many possibilities for creativity. It’s very addictive!

Carole B. aka nhbaskets

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 67 users online. 0 members and 67 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

Working...
              X