SIZZLE SHOW AND TELL

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first 4 blocks

Comment

It still looks great scrapquilter2! Good work. I haven’t even had a chance to start other than copy the template papers and cut them out. Keep going...

Comment

My first 4 blocks

Comment

Beautiful!!

Comment

Brenda, they’re great! Love your fabric combinations.

Comment

My Block 4. I didn't want the center diamonds to be pieced so I did some fussy cutting and extra y-seams. Time consuming but worth it. I may quit at block 5 and do a different layout. I don't have a lot of time to sew these days. Hopefully this is just temporary as I have a lot of unfinished projects and a lot more I want to do.

I just happened to have some Fixxons Waterproof screen positive film that I use for another purpose. It works great for templates. And I have a cold laminator so was able to apply repositionable adhesive to the back. You could also use basting adhesive or double stick tape. You can get 100 sheets on Amazon for $30.

Comment

That’s beautiful, Annis.

Comment

Brenda M. Love the colors you used in Block 4!!! It just GLOWS.

Comment

You inspire me. Your block is beautiful!

Comment

I am new in TQS, I live in chile in Southamerica.
                      I loves your blocks and the colors!!!!!!

Comment

I just noticed you’re beautiful quilt! I LOVE the color choices. What fabrics/inspiration did you use for it?

Comment

I just finished my experiment to make a wall hanging from the line drawing in month one.
                          I am happy with the way it turned out. Now I just need to quilt it. I am thinking just grid quilting in
                          the black areas around the blocks and echo quilting around the border appliqués. Not sure about
                          the actual colored circle areas.

Comment

Now I am wondering if it is too late to add some background into the blocks to make them sing like yours!!! Great job!!

Comment

Martina 57,
                              I used mostly Hoffman 1890 series tone on tone batiks that were in my stash. The black is Kona Jet Black which I just love how true black it is.
                              My inspiration was thinking could a pieced design be made from a line drawing of the pattern, using raw edge appliqué for the pieces and just edge
                              stitching them. I had
                              never tried it, but it worked well. HelenW

Comment

Helen W your piece is fabulous! So colorful and fun. Great Job!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 49 users online. 0 members and 49 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X