[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Basket Puzzle

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pink is not my color, however I have enjoyed making the basket quilt with you.

Comment

Well after lots of fiddling and math, the top is done now to decide on borders. This has been a challenging but fun quilt and I love how it turned out.

Comment

Hi Alex - I have so enjoyed your YouTube tutorials these last several months - thank you! I am not a basket girl BUT I was really inspired by your basket quilt so I'm working on this Christmas wall hanging - may not finish this year but I've had so much fun with it. Again, thank you for your inspiration, education and sense of humor. Merry Christmas from the great state of Wyoming! Sandy

Comment

Thank you very much HelenW. Just trying to use up my Mom’s stash. I have made 5 quilts in the last year and hardly made a dent. But it keeps me out of trouble!

Comment

How do I find the original directions for the number of baskets needed and how many of each size? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by "Teach672" post=153020
              How do I find the original directions for the number of baskets needed and how many of each size? Thank you.
              Teacher 672, Go to You Tube at the top right of this screen. Click on it,then go to videos, when you get there just scroll thru the videos til you get to the ones about Basket Puzzle. Alex teaches techniques for this one. You pick the sizes and number of baskets and filler blocks. Lots of beautiful ones were made. Look thru the posts to see pictures and get great ideas and inspiration. HelenW

Comment

Finally finished my basket quilt. A quilt for a friend with a baby girl due in March. The second photo shows off the quilting...Did it once with wavy lines, ripped the stitches all out and ended up with this version of straight line quilting.

Comment

My basket quilt top is now ready for quilting. This Violet basket quilt was made for my 3 year old Great Niece, Robin Violet, named after my Mother Violet. The center is an embroidered Robin sitting on a branch with violets with a saying, “While the Robin Chirps, The Violets Bloom.” A friend donated several pieces of fabric with violets used in this quilt. The rest came from my stash and a few purchased pieces. Making this quilt has been in my mind for a couple of years. When Alex announced making a basket quilt, it dawned on me that the basket format would be ideal.for the quilt. Designing it was challenging and rewarding. Thank you Alex for the inspiration and the expert instruction.

Comment

Redwork Rene, your quilt is fantastic. Your great Niece will love it!

Comment

I have my Basket Puzzle Quilt finished to this point!! It was so much fun and I learned so so much. I will put it on my longarm soon and get it finished completely. The poka dot edge is for my Mom who Loved them....had them in her many quilts, wore them in polyester tops! and died of breast cancer at 88.....so it is in pink in honor of her and Breast Cancer Awareness.....as I also had Breast Cancer but so far I have defeated the Foe.......So, here I am so far!!! My hub of 51 years is holding up the Quilt for me....... Karen

Comment

Magnificent! Love the tribute to your mom!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 52 users online. 0 members and 52 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                        X