[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mariandvm, I've read somewhere that you can do something with all the color catcher sheets that come out so pretty. What do you think?

Comment

Hello GrandPaula, Maybe I missed where to read about your picture posted with the lovely hand-prints/log cabin blocks. Is there a story that goes with this? I'd love to hear it.

Comment

Barbara, It's amazing to me what those few small tips did for my accuracy. I knew it would be crucial for the golden gate block. Here are a couple of shots of the first one in progress and my 4 finished blocks. I added a couple of my own hand dyes to the mix. I am really loving seeing all the blocks coming in

Comment

Here are my first two blocks. My daughter had given me some 5-inch squares of Kaffee Fassett fabric having circles. I decided to use that fabric for the middle square of my second block; I like the way it burned out.

Comment

Brenda, glad you are learning to master precise piecing--it's not hard.

Here is a blog I did as part of a Sew-A-Long, 3 years ago now that really takes the Precision Piecing Process step-by-step:

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com/2017/01/sew-long-part-2-shoo-fly.html

Perhaps you will find more tips there.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
            North Alabama, USA
            "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Some of the info was in the post with the turtle.
              My husband got his undergraduate degree from the University of Maryland in 1970. Go Terrapins!
              For the past few years I have been thinking about making him a turtle quilt.
              During the past 7 years my daughter in law has also been giving me quilt blocks with her children’s hand prints. There is a Christmas tree, snow man, fish, trees, butterfly, etc. different sizes and themes. I’ve been trying to figure out what to do with them.
              Finally decided they would go on the back of the turtle quilt. That dictated the size of the project.
              Then I’ve just been playing with the pieces and adding to make them work together.
              Turning my stash upside down several times to find just the right piece.
              Fun, fun!
              Here it is this morning.

Comment

Some of the info was in the post with the turtle.
                My husband got his undergraduate degree from the University of Maryland in 1970. Go Terrapins!
                For the past few years I have been thinking about making him a turtle quilt.
                During the past 7 years my daughter in law has also been giving me quilt blocks with her children’s hand prints. There is a Christmas tree, snow man, fish, trees, butterfly, etc. different sizes and themes. I’ve been trying to figure out what to do with them.
                Finally decided they would go on the back of the turtle quilt. That dictated the size of the project.
                Then I’ve just been playing with the pieces and adding to make them work together.
                Turning my stash upside down several times to find just the right piece.
                Fun, fun!
                Here it is this morning.

Comment

What a lovely plan. It will be a true treasure for your hubby. Thanks for explaining.

Comment

I am using some bright print fabric from stash instead of the lovely Kaffe fabrics. Four blocks so far.

Comment

Oops - one more...

Comment

I need to know how much fabric I need,besides the 6 half yards of Kaffe, or whatever I chose. I 'm a late joiner. Thanks Karen Lindquist

Comment

gorgeous

Comment

where do i find my posts? sorry not good at this

Comment

very nicely done

Comment

I missed out on both bundles from the store, BUT i'm so fortunate to have a fabulous shop nearby that has everything Kaffe, and lots of luscious solids too. So, I built my own bundles with some Cactus Flower, some Brassica and lots of solids. Happy Quilter!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 175 users online. 0 members and 175 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X