[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

She did not give a fabric list. Just some solids and a big Kaffe print.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    North Alabama, USA
    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Oh! So a real mystery then!

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Barbara,
        Love Kaffe fabrics, Love Alex (and Ricky), love mystery, do not use Facebook. Thanks for sharing this will be on YouTube after the live session!
        -Terri

Comment

Hi Barbara Where can I find a link to the video introducing this Mystery Quilt? I don't see it on facebook....

Comment

Bgrandon, Alex has mentioned it several times in her 3 times a week Facebook Live sessions and I think last Monday July 13, she showed what she was playing with so far.. They are all available on the YouTube playlist. There is not one specific to the Mystery yet. She starts that tomorrow.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Actually everyone can see Alex Live on YouTube. Just go to the blog that day or go to our home page, scroll down to the Playlist and click. You should be able to see Alex LIVE even if you aren't on Facebook. Let me know if there are problems.
              Livermore, California, USA near San Francisco

Comment

I have gone way out there in my Mystery Quilt. I am not a Kaffe fan, Civil War and batiks fill my fabric collection. I started making solid blocks to go with my Civil War and really didn't like it at all. Ok, Batiks, there aren't really solids just tone on tone and print. I have more print so that will be my blocks and the tone on tone will be my Kaffe. Owning both Accuquilt and EQ8 they will be my design tools. I said I was way out there. I'm having fun already and it hasn't even started yet.

By the way I don't have a fabric STASH I have a collection. You don't necessarily have to use a collection to enjoy it. Just look, pet. and refold.

Comment

I am not a Kaffe fan either. The ugliest quilt I have made was last years 2019 Kaffe Mystery Quilt. I talked my sewing group into participating and no one liked the quilt in my group, lol. But, during this quarantine time Alex's Live has been instrumental in my sanity and keeping me in the quilting room. Thank you Barbara for helping out with this project. Regardless the fabric designer, it will be a fun project and I am looking forward to seeing the projects here on the forum.

Comment

Gorgeous fabric selections!

Comment

Not a big Kaffe fan either. But eager to join the mystery quilt, working from my stash. I've pulled a group of taupe and lavender fabrics, which I love together, along with a dark green accent. I'm ready to go!

Diane

Comment

All those florals are certainly over the top so yes, I am going a bit more subdued. Hate those follow along mysteries but this has so many heads up of where we are going I am intrigued to try my own version. here is hoping!!!

Comment

Oh a collection. Yes, much better!!!

Comment

I just saw it mentioned today. Where do I find the pattern? I will work from my own stash, but a mystery would be a lot of fun!

Comment

This is a quilt along, Alex is doing a Facebook live Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 10AM Pacific time. There isn't a pattern, she is talking about the different elements for her quilt each time. You can watch later since the facebook sessions are recorded. It's definitely a mystery since Alex said she doesn't know how her quilt will turn out!

Comment

I enjoy these sessions with Alex. She is a hoot! I did the Sequoia sampler and learned allot. I will be using my own fabric. I do have a question, Barbara. Will we do a different block every day? i know she does a show MWF. This has helped me avoid the dol-drums.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 24 users online. 0 members and 24 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X