[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bogartsmom, I have had no problem pressing the 80wt Quilters Select with a cotton setting.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    North Alabama, USA
    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Today’s blocks. These are so quick, I am enjoying that part.

Comment

Everybody, please read. I know many are new to the Forum. We want to keep all the posts about Alex'x "it's a Mystery to Me" right here, in this Topic.

Today I moved 3 people's posts here. Soon we could have many separate Topics about the Mystery Quilt, so you would have to go to lots of Topics to see them all.

What NOT to Do:
        Create a New Topic for the Mystery Quilt

What to Do:
        1. Come to this Topic
        2. Select Reply Topic
        3. Create your post, include photos if you like
        4. There is a specific Topic with instructions/video for adding photos, find it here:

https://thequiltshow.com/forum/this-and-that-quilting-related/9008-how-to-post-on-the-forum

The link to the video is in the very first post on that Topic.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

please help me get rid of the email notifications. way too many

Comment

I have used a black background so you can see the blocks. I am using Kaffe fabric from years ago. Having so much fun with Alex!

Hope this wirks

Comment

KFox358, use the Unsubscribe button at the top of the page

This gets asked a LOT. Each Email received in response to a Topic tells you this same info, how to Unsubscribe.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Since you asked, I wonder if a deeper red violet as in the Kaffe fabric, or even the orange-red pop could be used instead of the gray for a bit more contrast. What you have is subtle though, and very nice in itself. Love your other blocks too. Good choices of color!

Comment

Jana - question on white or black - they both have merit. I wonder if using all black would tend to make the whole quilt on the dark side. You know what Alex says about the use of white, ha! I like both of these blocks. The turquoise/golden yellow really pops.

Comment

Beautiful

Comment

I decided to use black as the background fabric as I don't have white in my stash and couldn't get the fabric Alex is using. I am worried that the blocks don't pop much at all, but I feel like I need to make a few more to decide--yikes. How you have used black in this block is exactly what I was going to do on my version of it.

Comment

I dont think Black would be a good choice.. It seems like it would be to dark.

Comment

Your blocks are fabulous.

Originally posted by "naniali" post=148322
                          I am a traditional kind of quilter. Baltimore is more my thing! I have been studying the colour wheel and pinned lots of analogous, complementary, and split complementary fabrics together to make these little blocks. Do you know what............? I love it. Photo included of my first three blocks.
                          Thank you Alex for opening my eyes.

Comment

gradyk I've seen lot's of beautiful quilts with a black background. I would love to see it when done, or even as you go. Don't listen to the nay sayers. It's your quilt.

Comment

I’ve added some Cherrywood fabric to the hand dyed bundle, prewashed the fat quarters in three groups. The color catchers and unraveled edges were inspirational!

Comment

Wow! You got today's block out pretty fast....they look great. I love seeing the blocks presented with the KF fabrics.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 75 users online. 0 members and 75 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X