[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

New website

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just followed the link you gave Carol. I was able to see your comment but it's only because I knew prior to going there that particular quilt was made by Rita Connally. Where would I find that info in the album. I understand completely the need for the change and that the entire site could have come crashing down. All I can say is that Bob certainly had built us a great playground. I don't think the change has made life easier for Bob..

Comment

Originally posted by "loise98" post=125153
      I just followed the link you gave Carol. I was able to see your comment but it's only because I knew prior to going there that particular quilt was made by Rita Connally. Where would I find that info in the album.
      When you click on an album, you will see thumbnails (small photos) of the photos in that album. You can open any photo by clicking on it and you will go to a page that shows the photo full size. On that page you need to scroll down a bit to see the comments.

Hope that helps you. Try it and report back to me.

thanks,

Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by "Tribblemom" post=125150
        [
        Further below that description area is a Comment section for others to ooh and ahh about your marvelous work! For example, go to this photo in the 2014 BOM and see my comment when you scroll down:
        http://thequiltshow.com/community/photos/photo?albumid=11449975&groupid=100007&photoid=1271 93

Kathy
        Thanks, Kathy. It worked. Thanks to you and all the TQS staff for making this an awesome site that I'll continue to follow.
        Lorna

Comment

Kathy I am finally able to add photos to my profile.... Have not tried adding a photo to the forum as yet using the iPad. Janet

PS I think I understand how the group thing works, but Bobs way was so much easier and much less confusing.

Comment

Sue, thank you for the message re my iPad. janet

Comment

Janet, glad you figured out how to upload the photo. Quilters are such ingenious people!

Kathy

Comment

I am not sure I am posting this in the right place.
                I suggest that TQS consider do a show and/or lessons about Electric Quilt 7. I bet there are many TQS members who have heard of Electric Quilt who would be interested in learning more about it. I know there are Craftsy classes available, but it would be nice to learn more about what can be done with Electric Quilt through TQS. Quilting education for all of us.

Comment

At first, I felt lost visiting the new website this evening. First time to check in over here since last fall.

I know that change can be difficult, but I happen to like what I'm seeing on the site itself. Haven't been very involved in the forums, so I won't comment on their access now. Never used the blog feature, but I can appreciate losing something on the Internet you thought you'd have access to for an extended period of time.

I like that I can see my list of past shows available and the current free shows. The account page is easier to navigate.

Looking forward to watching the current free shows.

Donna M

Comment

Originally posted by "d1stamper" post=126415
                    I like that I can see my list of past shows available and the current free shows. The account page is easier to navigate.

Looking forward to watching the current free shows.

Donna M
                    That's actually another confusing part of the new site, Donna. Starting about a year ago, the policy on shows changed and star members (those with paid memberships) can now watch any show they want. You no longer have to buy shows that came out when you weren't a member. I'm guessing that they still keep track of the shows you "have access to" because, hopefully, you'll still have access to those even if you let your membership lapse. But I haven't seen anywhere where that part of the policy has been clarified.

Comment

Chromecast works fine on some computers but not so fine on some others. On my iMac I use Chrome browser and chromecast to cast the shows on my TV. I bought yesterday a new iPad Air and have tested chromecast on it. YouTube and YleAreena (Finnish broadcasting corp) work fine, but for some reason Google's chrome browser on iOS 8 does not support chromecast and I have to continue casting The Quilt Show from my iMac instead of the intended iPad. It would be nice if TQS would make an app to be used with chromecast and iPad or influence Google to add the extension on their browser. I have been using chromecast since December 2013 and like it very much.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 30 users online. 0 members and 30 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                      Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X