[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

New website

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it just takes a little longer--one click works, we just have to be patient
    From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

So, I got a friend request from Robin, and I randomly managed to click on enough things that I finally "accepted" it. But now my question is how to you initiate a friend request? The only thing I've been able to find is an email inviting friends to join TQS.

Another question... Is there a way of getting to the "first unread post" in a topic, like there was at the old site?

from the Piedmont of North Carolina

Comment

I just sent a friend request to you with the way I have been doing it.

The way I have been getting to the "first unread post" is to go to most recent tab then scan down to the thread I want to read. There will be tiny green type telling you how many posts are new since you were there. Click on that and it will take you the last one you read.

Keep in mind--there are probably better or easier ways to do these things but this is what I have found worked for me. ritzy

Comment

To find new posts - personally I go to the index page and scroll down looking for anything turned green, that indicates new posts in the section, click on that and then click on the tiny green print.

To make friends (ahem - you are on this forum, that pretty much makes it a given ), first you need to get to their profile page, the easiest way I have found is to click on their avatar, then on the big picture/banner that runs across the top on the right hand side are 2 buttons, one is message and I think the other is friends or something similar, click on that one and follow the instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by "gynconnie" post=122987
            So, I got a friend request from Robin, and I randomly managed to click on enough things that I finally "accepted" it. But now my question is how to you initiate a friend request? The only thing I've been able to find is an email inviting friends to join TQS.
            I think "randomly clicking on enough things" is really the order of the day. With all of us clicking around so much, it's really a minor miracle when any of us remembers the sequence that worked :S To initiate a friend request, what I've been doing is waiting until I see someone on the Forum or elsewhere, then click on her or his photo or user name, which gets you to his or her profile. At the right side of that screen, there is a box about adding as a friend.

Comment

Thanks to Robin, Rosemary and Ritzy! (i feel like I should be rolling my "Rs"!) I have sent out a friend request to Susan, and am reasonably sure that she'll accept it, barring any electronic glitches!

Comment

Has anyone yet found out what the purple tear drops are all about?

Comment

To Ritzy and Suewarby,
                  Thank you, I have approved the friend request but nothing has happened yet.
                  Maybe in the morning.
                  It's 23.03 here in the UK so I'm off to bed.
                  Anne

Comment

I "think" (we're in trouble) the raindrops are about how much caramel we have. :silly:

Comment

Originally posted by "crocus999" post=123016
                      Has anyone yet found out what the purple tear drops are all about?
                      I just went to have a look and finally found them. When I hovered my mouse over them it came up 'karma' apart from that I cannot help you.

Comment

Has the show policy changed again? A while ago (last spring?) the policy changed so that if you were a member you could watch any show. I just went to the "My Account" page and it has changed drastically and the text there implies that the policy has changed back to the original where you have access to any shows from when you were a paid member and any shows that you have purchased, but I haven't seen an announcement of a change in policy. Is this a change in policy or is the text just misleading?

Thanks!

Comment

I just read this in 'Star Membership' in the Shop: "See EVERY TV quality show made by TQS and get access to new shows premiering every 2 weeks only $0.20 per show. (Over 200 Shows)".

Comment

I guess they should update the text under "My Account" where it has a list of the shows that I have access to. I'm guessing that these are the shows that I would still have access to if I let my membership expire. The way they have it there was confusing to me and would definitely be confusing to a new user.

Comment

For anyone interested, I've started a new blog at dizzydogquilting.blogspot.com. I just posted an introduction last night and will start posting about my trip to Houston soon. This will bridge the gap until TQS has their blogs back online. When that happens, I'll still be posting to blogspot, but will try to copy the text into the TQS blog area for you guys. Of course, I won't know if that works until I can try it.....

Comment

I just put your blog on my Favorites bar! Look forward to reading your blogs again!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 108 users online. 0 members and 108 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X