[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Okay, Count me in!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Robyn, beautiful quilt and I also agree with keeping it simple, good luck and keep us posted.

Jill from NSW Australia

Taree NSW - Australia
    My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

Robyn, I have just been looking at Terry Knott's blog on Pineapple Quilts - she has a slide show of several from a guild show (?). There are some good ideas for quilting in there if you felt like having a look. You will find member blogs in 'Features' on the toolbar.

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
        Robyn, I have just been looking at Terry Knott's blog on Pineapple Quilts - she has a slide show of several from a guild show (?). There are some good ideas for quilting in there if you felt like having a look. You will find member blogs in 'Features' on the toolbar.
        Thanks so much Rita - I'll check it out today

Comment

I have posted this in the Show and Tell section and on my blog but just in case some of you are finding it hard to navigate around the site here's a photo of my latest T2T quilt. (It took me a while to figure out where Show and Tell had gone to!) Just the top - quilting is next. I think I will stick to smaller projects for a while now. :roll:

Comment

Rita, I love your quilt. It is really nice. I am really all over the place with my projects. You inspire me to get something done so that I can post it. Did you do the quilting of it on your new machine. I am eager to hear how FMQ on the new machine went with a larger project. Lois

Comment

Hi Lois, Actually, I haven't quilted it yet - that's just a photo of the top. I am looking forward to quilting it on my new machine. I cannot believe how much easier it is to do fmq on the Horizon. I hope I still feel that way after I have quilted this one. I will let you know.

Have you finished your beautiful pineapple quilt yet? Or are you still trying to figure out what to do with the border?

Comment

Rita, I am sorry to say that I got a bit side tracked. It's on the back burner but never the less it continues to simmer. I have decided on fabric for inner borders. I love them too. That took time to get exactly what suited me and then when I made the decision I had a problem similar to Sherry's after having cut off the seam allowance on her last bit of star fabric. I had the perfect fabric for the one inner borders but not enough fabric to do the job and I couldn't remember where I had purchased it. I frequent 4 quilting shops all 30-50 miles away from my home town but in different directions, of course. I hit the 4th shop Saturday when I was shopping for batting to finish a quilt for my oldest grandchild's first holy communion(It's next week.) and finally found the fabric for he pineapple quilt. That project, the 1st communion quilt, is taking precidence of all others for the time being. The top is nearly stitched together and I've got to sandwich it and quilt it this week. I am really, really loving my pineapple quilt and am looking forward to doing it. But first, the communion quilt (I should blog about it.) and then I have to quilt my SOTT quilt and get he picture into Carol before May 1. Then I have got to tend to my garden. After that I am permitted to quilt the pineapple quilt. I can't wait! Lois

Comment

Rita -

Another beautiful quilt! I can't wait to see it quilted and to hear about how it went on your new machine!

Lois -

Glad you finally found the fabric you needed! Can't wait to see the confirmation quilt, and the SOTT and pineapple quilts when you get back to them.

Nancy

Comment

OK, I'm back to making pineapple blocks, now that the 2011 BOM is finished. I'm at #39 out of 64, and I don't believe that the pile of strips is getting much smaller! They are turning out great, and I'm just in a groove now. So I'll post a finished pic one of these days.
                    Kathy

Comment

Good luck Kathy. I look forward to seeing it. One of these days I will be able to get back to quilting and then I can finish my last pineapple quilt.

Comment

Kathy, Mine is ready for borders and the fabric selection for that has been made. I've got to buy backing, but I have already purchased wool batting. Never used it before. It feels light as a cloud. Might feel less like I am dragging it up the mountain when I get to the quilting process. I am so very eager to get to be quilting it but it seems like summer events are capturing me and holding me hostage from my quilting. I think I may need to do some serious revisions of my schedule, or figure out how to put more hours in a day. Lois

Comment

Kathy, congratulations on completing BOM 2011! I bet that must feel good... and now you can play with the pineapple quilt again--look forward to seeing it.

Lois, you are so close... backing and quilting and then you'll post your pineapple quilt, right? What color scheme did you do for your centers and border?

Comment

Lois, if you can figure out how to get more hours in a day, let me know . I've machine quilted with hobb's wool batting once, it was lovely to quilt with. I'm thinking that I might do a pieced backing, to make the entire quilt including thread from stash. I'm using up thread at a high rate with the piecing. Most of my old junky thread is going into this quilt. In her book, Gyleen gave us permission to use up thread, so that's what I'm doing! This quilt won't be an heirloom but will be used and loved to death, I hope.

when you get yours finished, I want to see a picture of it, please

Kathy

Comment

This is what my pineapple quilt looks like now. The border fabric is as seen in the pict with the exception that I found a multi/mostly reds/some green tiny triangles by Kaffee Fasset for another narrow pop of color in the border.

I have another quilt top nearly pieced that's calling my name too. It's another one inspired by Gyleen Fitzgerald. I can hardly wait to quilt this one too. This picture was taken quite a while ago. All the background hexagon's are now sewn entirely by machine. The blocks are all sewn in rows except for 2 rows. I'd show what is keeping me from getting to these quilts but I am thinking you can only put 3 pictures into posts on the Forum. More later. Stay tuned. Same time. Same station.

Comment

I have one heck of a crop of blueberries coming on. The strawberries are ripe and I have a very young sour cherry tree that is producing just a little bit of fruit this year. I think my quilts will do better at waiting their turn for my time than this other stuff.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 38 users online. 0 members and 38 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X