[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Okay, Count me in!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renata, your pineapple quilt is beautiful! I love, love, love the colors you've got going on in it! The hot pink and tourquoise are a delight! And, the way you put your striped fabric together for the border, is exactly how I would have done it. And HAVE done it, before! This technique also works well with a highly printed border fabric that you need to piece. I've done it with a Laurel Burch print, and with patience have gotten it very close to perfect! Glue is a wonderful thing!

Dawn
    In beautiful Northwest Montana

Comment

Dawn, thanks!!!! I finished putting the first border on and I am so excited because the whole quilt was actually square, which knocked my socks off--with all the bias edges and rotary cutting slips when the ruler would not stay put, I was pretty sure that I was going to have to get creative... but, I measured in three places for the sides and then for the top/bottom and they all matched up. The only issue I ran into was assuming that the length of my strips would allow me to use a single strip (without adding extra length) for the top and bottom but of course, I was 3/4" short and had to add strip material to all four sides using the diagonal technique cum glue. Murphy's Law? or just good opportunity to practice matching stripes? :lol: And yes, glue is GREAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Renata
        And yes, glue is GREAT!
        Providing it is going on your fabric and not up your nose! :lol: I can't wait to see this quilt with the borders on it Renata.

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
          And yes, glue is GREAT!
          Providing it is going on your fabric and not up your nose! :lol: I can't wait to see this quilt with the borders on it Renata.
          If you are getting glue up your nose whilst quilting you are definitly doing something wrong! :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by PosyP
            Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
            And yes, glue is GREAT!
            If you are getting glue up your nose whilst quilting you are definitly doing something wrong! :lol:
            Let's ask Rita what she had in mind... :lol:

BTW, Rita, since you asked, striped border is on, two of four wider borders are on... discovered I was missing a few inches :roll: for the top and bottom borders so I am getting ready to press and cut one more strip to finish. PS I'm not liking the wider border as much as I thought I would... but I'm not taking it off!

Comment

Let's ask Rita what she had in mind... :lol:

BTW, Rita, since you asked, striped border is on, two of four wider borders are on... discovered I was missing a few inches :roll: for the top and bottom borders so I am getting ready to press and cut one more strip to finish. PS I'm not liking the wider border as much as I thought I would... but I'm not taking it off!
              You could always cut it down in situ, if it is really getting up your nose (annoying you)

Comment

I was harking back to the glue-sniffing days. You don't hear so much about glue-sniffers any more. There was a time where the kids were not allowed to bring glue or tippex to school here.

Sounds like you are getting closer to the finish line with each passing hour Renata. Hope all is ship-shape and Bristol fashion by now.

Comment

Elmers Washable School Glue is basically just starch and water....no smell!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                  That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Ship shape and Bristol fashion it is! I thought you were talking about sniffin' glue but since you were being a little birichina, Rita, I really wanted to see what you come up with next! :twisted: Just took a picture of my new rose garden. Oh boy... now I have to quilt it!

Comment

Beautiful! The outer border adds sparkle to the inside. Hard to believe it could sparkle any more!

Nancy

Comment

Its looking great Renata. I love the fabric choice for both borders. Quilting it will be fun. Just get the music going and everything will be fine.

Comment

That looks terrific Renata! I had to look up 'birichina' and yes I was being a little mischievous :wink: Whatever you decide to do, make sure you try to relax and enjoy the process. These pineapple quilts are very forgiving. I was so convinced that my chocolate one was really bad but when I looked at it hanging in the IQFOI it didn't look bad at all. Time and distance are great things sometimes.

Comment

LOL!! I tried touching the word, like on my NOOK e-reader to get a definition!! :lol: :lol:

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                            That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Originally posted by Margo
                              LOL!! I tried touching the word, like on my NOOK e-reader to get a definition!! :lol: :lol:
                              That works on my Mac! 8) Yes, I also needed a dictionary.

Comment

Renata, your borders look just gorgeous.

living in Central Denmark
                                Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 37 users online. 0 members and 37 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X