[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Okay, Count me in!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow Rita, your quilt is beautiful. I like the idea of invisible thread as I can never figure out what colour thread to use on a scrappy quilt - If I choose a light colour it shows up too much on the dark bits (and vice versa!). Trouble is that I find invisible thread hard to work with - I'll try adjusting the tension as you suggested. You've inspired me to start quilting mine now (my plans for a BIG quilt have changed - it's now a wallhanging, just the right size for a spot in my hallway - in fact it's hanging up - unquilted- now. I'm determined to quilt and bind it before I post a photo of it :!: )

Comment

Thanks Lotti

Comment

Thanks Benno. I think that apart from reducing my tension to about 2 I also used an 80/12 needle so if reducing the tension doesn't work then try a different size needle. Maybe a 70/10 might work as well. Good luck and I look forward to seeing you wall hanging when it's done.

Comment

I got the inner border in place and got the quilt back up on the design wall. Now I am having trouble deciding on a border. I am very eager to get this done and I don't want to be stewing about a border. I just finished blogging about that but I wasn't sure if all you Pineapple People read the blogs.

I tried unsuccessfully to upload a closer look at the second option. I was able to upload it onto my blog. I am trying to decide whether to go with option 1, option 2, or is more shopping in order. I need advice. Thanks for reading this. Lois

Comment

Loise, I really like the order in your blocks. The colors and fabrics are fantastic! Since the inner square is green, that would be my first option.

Comment

Hi Lois -

I really like the bold statement of the black border with the two inner borders. The green border is nice, but it's a little laid back for my tastes.

Nancy

Comment

Hi Lois, I like the green border option. I love that shade of green, and I love the way your eye bounces into the quilt to the block centers and then comes out to the border. Your quilt is beautiful. You have certainly been busy!

Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by rehak
                  Hi Lois -

I really like the bold statement of the black border with the two inner borders. The green border is nice, but it's a little laid back for my tastes.

Nancy
                  Agree. I would make the green border narrower than the existing black border and make the final black border wider. Black makes the quilt pop whereas the green does not, in my opinion. Lovely quilt. Will be interested in how you finish it.

Coast of South Carolina USA
                  Sewing/Quilting on my Viking Sapphire 870

Comment

Lois, I would go for the second option too. I like the green border but I love the way the black makes the whole thing sing.

Comment

You guys are great. I particularly love that no one told me to go shopping. Right now I'd rather sew. I will take to heart what everone has said because I have agreed with all your viewpoints. I have been back and forth between all my options. What you've said has helped me understand what I like and don't like about my choices. You'll have to wait and see what happens. Thanks so much that you have taken the time to comment and advise. Lois

Comment

Lois, I know you are probably already sewing the borders, but I REALLY like just what you have hanging on your designe wall! A small simple black border (maybe a tad bigger). There is so much going on in the quilt itself, that it just stands alone. I LOVE it just the way it is!

Dawn
                        In beautiful Northwest Montana

Comment

Dawn, I agree with you, but its not big enough for my bed and I am out of background fabric to make anymore blocks. Lois

PS. I bet the background fabric is 15-20 years old so I doubt I could find more.

Comment

[quote="loise98"]I got the inner border in place and got the quilt back up on the design wall.

Wow... I am in love with your blocks and think that whatever you decide on the borders will be fantastic.

aka ladyquilter

Troutdale, OR
                            <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress">http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress</a><!-- m -->

Comment

Lois, could you make a 'border' of pineapple blocks but using the green border fabric in the place of the black, and put a in black/dark centre?

aka ladyquilter

Troutdale, OR
                              <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress">http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress</a><!-- m -->

Comment

Thanks for the continued input. I am kind of a "nut case" about what I have so far. I love it. I don't want to add anything to it that I don't absolutely love. So I have delved into a published pattern Valentine wall hanging. I might make more than one of them because I have a number of people I would like to give them. In the mean time, the heck with a deadline that was there just to keep me on task. It worked. But I don't want to finish it just for the sake of finishing it. I might make the deadline yet, but it's more important to wait and look for the right thing. It has been such a long time since I have worked on a bedsize quilt and I was so looking forward to finishing this one. Let's hope the quilt muses come to visit me and lead me to whatever it is I need to find. This is an official call to the universe. "Quilt muses, I need you! Please come my way and show me where to look and what to do." Lois

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 39 users online. 0 members and 39 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X