Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

More wow, no wonder your camera battery went flat. Thank you xx

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Oh my Lorna your latest photos are wonderful! Really like the violin. Thanks again and again for sharing your fabulous photos!
      Barb :-)

Comment

Thanks for posting the beautiful pictures Lorna. Looks like you had a fabulous time. Life may seem boring when you finally get settled at home. Have a great time and enjoy your retirement.

Comment

Venue 19 in Lievpre, had several artists in this one building. This first one was entitled “The Color of Life” by Barbara Lange from Germany.

"The Wheel in the Mashine"

"Communication Then and Now" This is an amazing fan that touches on pretty much all forms of communication that you can think of. SHe uses quilting, embroidery, applique and ...you name it. THe little squares on the edge of the fan are all of the social media, you see the emoticons. also in here is braille, morse code, bar codes, messenger pigeon and it goes on and on.

"Monochrome 14 - Hawk Moth"

These two are by Olga Prins-Lukowski from Netherlands. Her exhibit was entitled "Retrospective of a Creative Journey".

This is by Beatrice Lanter, from France, I think. It's entitled "Tout est partie de l'univers". I like it because it is sort of inside out.

These quilts (in a not so clear picture) are part of an exhibit of France Patchwork where they made reproductions of antique quilts.

Comment

The cogs/ fans made me gasp out loud. wow

Comment

Lorna - again fabulous pictures. I agree Wendy the fans are fantastic!
              Barb

Comment

"Gateway to the Orient"
                Grobenzeller Quiltgruppe focused on the Orient. Hues and patterns especially from richly illuminated architecture and brilliantly colored textiles, have inspired their latest quilts. Many of the geometric patterns are well know from traditional quilters. Oriental archways and doors served as inspiration and respect of the theme. Vintage and antique linens were dyes and then worked into quilts during a group project week.

Another exhibit at this venue is called "Viewpoints 9: Challenges of 9". Viewpoints 9 is an international invitational fiber art group founded in 2012. In this series of nine bi-monthly themes, they consider topics related to the number 9, including: where time goes, what risks you would take, the impact of the word "no" and 6 other topics.

Comment

I loved this exhibit from Italy! It's called "Treviso, painted Town". The synopsis: Treviso is also called the "painted town" for the numerous and beautiful frescos which embellish the frontages of its palaces, churches and monasteries. Patchwork Idea's goal was to highlight those wonderful and unique wall paintings by representing in their quilts their typical colors and patterns, telling thus a little bit of this town's history. Some of the works exhibited will bring out the typical Treviso's natural and architectural characteristics as well as some aspects of the province.

"Opus Tassellatum" by Mirella Poretto

"Trionfo di Fiori" by Antonella Citon and Laura Fiumi

"Longo le rive del Sile" by Franca Berto Massimo

"La Campagna Trevigiana" by Ivetta Guerra

"Paviamento a mosaic di Piazza dell'Umanesimo Latino" by Monica Lorenzon

Comment

And, finally, "An Almost Perfect World" by Beatrice Bueche of France

"Homage au pientre" and "Allegresse"

"Envol"

"Why"

Comment

Lorna, thank you so much for taking such wonderful photos. I think it would be fair to say that there was something there for every kind of quilter. Now I am even more interested in going next year!

Comment

Originally posted by "Reetzbobeetz" post=133135
                        Lorna, thank you so much for taking such wonderful photos. I think it would be fair to say that there was something there for every kind of quilter. Now I am even more interested in going next year!
                        You and me, both!

Comment

Lorna, Thanks so much for sharing your photos and narrating this wonderful show for us! The setting for this show appears to have so much more character and ambiance than the quilt shows we are more familiar with here in the US in a large convention center or armory....thanks again for taking us along with you on your trip! Nancy

Comment

Lorna,
                            Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Judith

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 80 users online. 0 members and 80 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                            Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                            X