[vb_main_1]

France

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

And one more pic before bedtime...

Secret Gardens was also my favorite book growing up. I think Wendy, you picked this also for your favorite book challenge. Whilst walking between venues in the village of Ste-Marie-Aux-Mines we came across this garden door that reminded me of that book.

Comment

P.S. Does anyone know the secret of having the picture in the post vs as an attachment?

Comment

What cool quilts! Thanks for sharing!

My pictures have always appeared inside the post as opposed to being attachments. I'll do a test:

What I did was click in the file name box and select the picture file. Then I positioned my mouse where I wanted the picture in the text and clicked the "Insert" button. Could it be that you haven't clicked the "Insert" button?

Comment

Exhibit 3 was in the back of a restaurant. This exhibit featured miniature quilts and each artist was supposed to use white in their quilt. THese are from varying artisit from Japan.

Here is a close up.

The bug on the leaf is my favorite.

This is called Mandala and is only 43cm square.

Comment

Wow they are all superb, what quality. The secret garden door needs to be made into a quilt. I feel I've seen the Mandala quilt before at Harrogate. It took me best part of a year to find out how it was done. What a treat this all is in such a wonderful historic place.

The book looks interesting, I'd love to look through it. I've booked a workshop in October on art journalling which I hope will help my quilting and creativity and give me a push to use inks, colours and mixed media.

Nancy your kitty knows how to keep warm. My Pickens is the same she jumps up and rolls even before I turn the iron on. It's ok I read on your blog the iron is off. :lol:

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Hmmm, I don't see any pictures from Exhibit 4. I might have missed that one! :huh: What a shame. The program say they were quilts from South Korea.

The businesses all got into the act too each with quilts in their windows.

The bakery

The beauty shop

The insurance people

The shoe store

and the butcher

Comment

Thanks, Nancy! I guess I had forgot to push the insert button. I was also able to go back and edit the other posts to get the pictures inserted.

More pictures coming this evening.

Comment

I'm loving your trip

Comment

Thanks for sharing your trip! The quilts are all so interesting and inspiring!

Comment

I agree with Nancy - it all looks very interesting. So would you recommend it Lorna? Did you find good accommodation nearby? Was it easy to get to and easy enough to get around the different venues - apart from the weather?

Comment

Eglise de la Madeleine was set up with a display of Textile Impressions from Austria. Tons of beautiful quilts here!

Comment

And more from this exhibit...

"My Flower Garden" by Monica Greinz

I loved this one. The quilting was wonderful. See close up below. It's called "Diversity in Austria" by Quiltgruppe Steiermark

Also a favorite. "Sky of St Stephan- Vienna" by Ursula Beirbaumer-Bohle. I hope on of these is in my future. I have taken so many pictures of cathedral ceilings...and floors.

Comment

Still enjoying the tour. I''m in awe of the cathedral roof and the house one. Thanks

Yes I take pics of the doors as well

Comment

It has been great joining you on your holiday like this.

Comment

Thank you so much, Lorna, for sharing your journey with us! Enjoy the rest of your vacation. B)

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 104 users online. 0 members and 104 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X