[vb_main_1]

France

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

France

Patchwork Europe is being held 16-19 September in the Alsace region of France. Like the Loch Lomond, Scotland quilt show I attended a couple years ago, this will be held at multiple venues in 4 villages across the area.

My husband and I are spending some time in France since my retirement from the Air Force and it has worked out perfectly to spend some time at the quilt show. We are currently in the Alsace region of France and will be driving to Lorraine on 17 September. The drive is not that long so we will have plenty of time to see some quilts while I am here.

Anyone else have plans to attend? I've messaged Chantalida to see if she is attending.

Lorna

That sounds like such fun, Lorna! Have a great time!

Comment

May I ride in your pocket?

Have a wonderful time, taste some wine and let us see some pictures.

geneva
      Geneva

Comment

And I'll sit on your shoulders. I've heard it's an amazing exhibition, wish I was there. The Scottish church shows were fun.

So good being retired :cheer:

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Wow Lorna! I am feeling a little green right now. I've only been to France once, 9 years ago, and I fell in love with it. I went on a trips with my cousins. We did not make it to the Alsace region, but were close. We went to the Franche-Comte region where out great grandfather came from. Not surprising since my maiden name is Comte. We had a wonderful time and the people there were so friendly. I would love to be able to attend the quilt shows. I am glad your DH is happy going with you. Enjoy the show and share your pictures with us.

Comment

I can't go this year but hoping I might next year. I might just make it to Maastricht in October though. I hope you have a great time Lorna and please post some photos and tell us all about it.

Comment

The closest I've been to France is a car sitting in my driveway right now that we are keeping for friends who are now in France for 3 weeks! We live near the airport, so often let people park for free in our driveway and then drive them to and pick them up from the airport. If needed, they stay overnight. At least I'm a small part of the travel adventures and it's my way of partially realizing my dream of having a B&B.

Comment

A Germany cousin goes to the show every other year she really enjoys we've thought it would be to do sometime too!

Comment

Hi ~ I have a friend who has attended this show at least twice and love it. I'm looking for information on the Pour L'Amour de Fil show held in Nantes in April. Has anyone been before? A friend and I are thinking of going and would like some reviews before committing. Thanks!

Comment

Shouldn't you be in London now Terrie?

Nantes in April hmmm I wonder if I can twist OHs arm.

Comment

Wow,, Wendy you have a memory like a vault! My DH went by himself because I really wasn't feeling up to the 8 hour drive (which he took in 2 shots on the way, but did the entire thing yesterday on the way home). Besides, it was only London, Ontario - besides missing him I also missed going to my favourite Kaffe supply store. And missed the Strarford Theatre festival. Oh well, next year.

Comment

You tease I thought you were coming across the pond :lol:

Comment

The quilt show was great! Quilts and other fiber arts were displayed in 21 sites spread over 4 villages of the Val d'Argent area. (They used to mine silver in this area, hence the name. I know that because one of the venues was mining museum.) The setting was beautiful. The weather left something to be desired and if if wasn't for that and my low camera battery I'd show more pictures of the area. I will share a sample or two of the different exhibits. Some you have seen before if you are caught up on the shows here, for example Sheila Frampton Cooper was there with an exhibit of her quilts. There was also a display entitled the Best of QuiltCon 2015 from the Modern Quilt Guild. Many of those looked familiar to me, though it was awesome to see in person. I can't remember if Pam Rupert was on Quilt Show or not, but it seems I have seen her quilts before.

Rainy weather all day, but didn't let that stop us. Each village has beautiful flowers everywhere!

Comment

Exhibit 1 at Chapelle Saint Joseph was an exhibit by artist Genevieve Attinger from France.

Comment

Exhibit 2 was held at the museum I mentioned earlier. In addition to info on the mining in the area they also had several looms set up. The quilting exhibit was showing what students had made after a workshop. They were page sized and the exhibit consisted of two "books" of the completed pages.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 59 users online. 0 members and 59 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X