[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

France

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lorna, Thank you so much for a lovely trip to France!

geneva
    Geneva

Comment

Lorna - This is so delightful, I so appreciate your photos and sharing your trip. Thanks so much.
      Just keep traveling with that camera. I think you've found a new retirement career!
      Geneva

Comment

[hide]Lorna...thanks for all the beautiful pictures of the venues and quilts. It looks like a beautiful area. What a "happy coincidence" that your travels allowed you to be in this area at this time. Enjoy the rest of your trip.[/hide]

Comment

Lorna, thank you very much for sharing your pictures from Alsace. I've been to Alsace once a December a several years ago now but it was a beautiful area and wanted to go back for the quilt show ever since. Maybe one day
          Marianne

Comment

This exhibit (#12) was called "Modern Stained-Glass." The Val Patch association (local quilt quild?) displayed some of their works with each artist following his or her imagination. They also had a display called optical illusions.

Isn't this next one cute? It's called "Animaux de la Foret" by French artist Haas Gabrielle

This one is call "A tire de Laine" by Kachelhoffer Claudine. I did the close up to show her use of crocheted granny squares! How novel!

Comment

Exhibit 13 in Eglise Saint-Nicholas was pretty amazing. It’s entitled We All Love Flowers and is a collaboration between German and Afghan artists. The group in Germany provided the fabric and the group in Afghanistan embroidered the flowers. The embroidery is exquisite and looks like printed fabric!

Doesn't this look like a piece of printed fabric?

Check out the embroidery...

Also embroidered...

Here the embroidered pieces were incorporated into the final project.

Also at this venue Brigitte Paumier (France) had an exhibit of her work called "The Dot, the line and the Play of Shapes". LOVED IT!! Brigitte stages her textile writing and creates her abstract works by juggling with all kinds of dots and lines. She cuts fabrics free-hand, tears her photos up and sews them, (I don't have any pictures of the ones with photos in them), uses her sewing machine like a paintbrush and her threads like color paints. The drawing of a line made of successive points creates movement on the fabric and gives her patterns sparkle and life with a strong and stirring spontaneity.

Comment

Okay. It appears that 8 photos are the limit per post but I need to share a couple more of Brigitte’s work.

Comment

One last posting for this evening from a Scottish artist... In this exhibit she investigates ancient goddess sculptures and now their meaning has been lost as our collective memory fades over the millennia. Using cloth as a medium, Gillian reconnects with our communal past and explores the human shape while searching for the defining elements of being human. Running alongside these thoughts is the idea of time passing, washing away the precision of memories with the waves of time.

Comment

Oh Lorna! Thank you for taking us along through your pictures. Wonderful.

Comment

The Republic of Sahka (Yakutia) represents 1/5 of Russia. Most of Yakutia is located in the permafrost. Because of this, Yakut people worship horses and consider them sacred. This is why horse trappings are made by the best craftsmen. Yakut patchwork is handmade using a unique technique “kybytyy´(katirovanie). The ancient craftsmen combined different colors and textures in the making of national costumes. Nowadays, many modern craftsmen continue this tradition. They use a variety of texture and color: fur, cloth, jacquard, rovduga (moose or deer hides), beads, metal and others.

Comment

This venue had a few different displays.
                        The first was called Ambition. This is called " I was dreaming I float in Space" by Adelheid Gubser from Swizterland

The next exhibit was by Pam Rubert of USA called "Threads of Thought". She had several quilts on display. Her style looks familiar. Was she on The QUIlt Show or featured in The Quilt LIfe? Seems I have seen her work before.

The Best of QuiltCon 2015 from the modern quilt show had a display. I've seen them in other venues so didn't take pictures.

Comment

Denmark artist Birgitte Busk does amazing work with thread. Check out this sample of her work. On my gosh!!??!!

Also on exhibit here was Catherine Tourel from France with her "Textile Nature"

Comment

So lovely. Thank you for the tour, Lorna.

Wendy

Alexandria, VA

Comment

Lorna, Thank you so much for sharing your trip to France with us. Don't think I will ever be there but loved all the inspiration. Safe Journey, Pat

Comment

Oh my goodness Lorna!! I just went back to the beginning to look at all your wonderful pictures. Thanks so much for sharing the whole show and area.
                                Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 117 users online. 0 members and 117 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X