[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Reels arrived while I was on vacation and I immediately opened the envelope on my return. All the Reels are wonderful and I loved reading the names and address from all over the world. It gave me a warm fuzzy feeling! Which border do you think will be the most popular, the skinny reels or the applicated flowers? I love them both.

Comment

Originally posted by jvkorte
      My Reels arrived while I was on vacation and I immediately opened the envelope on my return. All the Reels are wonderful and I loved reading the names and address from all over the world. It gave me a warm fuzzy feeling! Which border do you think will be the most popular, the skinny reels or the applicated flowers? I love them both.
      Joanie, how wonderful to 'see' you at last! I've got a small pile of your spare reels sitting on my bench that I am planning on turning into a herringbone paving pattern for a AAQI quilt.

Did you have a 'foodie' name for them or not? as I am trying to get all the reels labeled for the exchange book.

Comment

Please, please would someone :roll: post a picture of that beautiful label, you are all talking about? I'm not in the exchange but would love to see that label

living in Central Denmark
        Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
          That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Very Nice!

Comment

I haven't received my reels but they are on their way! I received a notification June 2 the electronic shipping information received. I haven't seen transfers until yesterday, June 9. The reels are now processed through in NY. Soooo very close!

I've enjoyed seeing the beautiful pictures of reels, Rita's wall hangings and label. It's wonderful seeing all that have posted!

Comment

Well I went to one of my LQS on Friday since they were having 25% off everything in the store. Picked up a nice creamy white fabric for the background. And the ladies at the shop loved the reels. However yesterday all projects went on hold - but for a good reason. My 9 year old told me she wants to make her first quilt. So of course I dropped everything and we picked out an easy pattern to do and then I spent last night cutting out the squares. Today we will have a little sewing lesson. Hopefully my 12 year old will decide she also wants to make a quilt. My youngest wants to do one also but I just don't think 6 is old enough to use the sewing machine. Maybe just some squares and needle and thread for her.

Comment

Teresa,
                  What a wonderful adventure to be working with your daughters, passing down the love & art of quilting!

Comment

How wonderful! It must feel like a 'lightbulb' moment for you. :idea: I congratulate you on being able to stop in the moment and 'sieze the day'! I remember learning to sew from my mom, and will ever be thankful for that. Being the oldest girl, I got the opportunity, but my younger sisters didn't really get into it, I guess mom just got too busy.

I only have sons, and taught a few to cross stitch when they were too young to think it might be sissy for boys to do it. However, I have a granddaughter now, so I'll plan to impress her with quilting and hopefully she willl want to learn, oh, and.... the other granddaughter is already 3 days overdue! Yes, you know I will tell all when she arrives.

Comment

Thanks Margo, so sweet of you
                      Hugs Norma.

living in Central Denmark
                      Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

What a nice surprise in my mail after getting back from vacation and being quite tired...my reels came and they are so delightful.
                        I can't wait to figure out exactly what I want to do with them. Thank you so much for putting coordinating this fun exchange!!!

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."...quote courtesy of Dr. Seuss

Comment

My Reels have arrived and they are so colourful and lovely. I can't wait to start the quilt, but I have too many on the go at the moment.
                          THANKYOU fot the lovely label, it was such a nice surprise. This has been a very good exchange and a BIG thankyou to the organisers.
                          Wonder what we will do nextLOL. Maree Tasmania

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."...quote courtesy of Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hi Maree! I got one of you reels! Thanks. I have the same question...now what? Of course, we have to sew and quilt our WOT ROTT reels, and then post them, then thre's the recipe book etc. However, I know most of us probably love having more than one thing going on at one time! Isn't this why we're here?

Comment

I won't be ready to do another exchange for a while yet, I'm finally getting some quilts in progress a little further along. I do love doing the exchanges. It's a joy to have blocks made by my friends here.

Kathy

Comment

I just checked on my reels shipment and it is out for delivery. Whoopy, I can't wait for the mail lady to come.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 144 users online. 0 members and 144 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X