[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My reels arrived today - it's a beautiful thing! Took me a few minutes of fondling the fabrics and reading the names of the participants before I could put them down to go get the camera. The reels are terrific and I really appreciate all the efforts expended on this project by Lorna and Rosemary. And the label is such a nice bonus. I bought my background fabric awhile ago and have been collecting fabrics that may be suitable for the tops/bottoms of the reels, so I'm ready to go as soon as I wrap up a few other projects in the works. This was my first TQS exchange and I totally enjoyed it. Will be telling my quilting friends all about this experience at our upcoming guild banquet. Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to participate! Barb A. in Central NY USA

Comment

My package of beautiful reels arrived today, also. Thank you Rosemary and Lorna for the creative label and organizing the swap. Now off to play with my reels and decide on light fabric.

Comment

It's lovely to see that everybody is getting their reels and how happy everybody is with them. I have just been catching up with the forum (there's a lot to read :roll: ) and I would like to say hi to the new faces appearing, it's great to see you! Danny I am sorry to hear about your cat - 19 years is a long life! I have come back from IQFOI with my head exploding with all the information and eye candy, it will probably take me a few days to calm down and reassess it all. In the meantime I am going to make a few more AAQI babies.

Comment

I have received my reels also, I am so pleased with them and it was so much fun to see where they all came from. Thank you to everyone who made mine. I was in group 33B. I would love to participate in another exchange of some type someday, it was a lot of fun. Thanks again, Stitches
          <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://stitchesscrapsandtidbits.blogspot.com">http://stitchesscrapsandtidbits.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->

Comment

Thank you Rita

Comment

I can never find something that I'm looking for on the Forums but wasn't there instructions for making the reels into spools? I hope someone can tell where to look..and I haven't been following this too closely but where do I find the recipe exchange?? Are there any rules for the recipes? I think a recipe book would be a great addition to go along with our reels. Guess I'm not having very good luck here this morning in finding things that I want to look at..thanks in advance for your help.
              <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://stitchesscrapsandtidbits.blogspot.com">http://stitchesscrapsandtidbits.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->

Comment

Hi Stitches, is that your real name? Anyway, the recipes thread on the forum starts here:

http://forum/friendship-triangle-exc...-the-tqs-forum

As for how to make up the reels - we are using Edita Sitar's book Friendship Strips and Scraps. Hope that helps.

Comment

about the recipes:

As fabric was chosen &amp; reel blocks sewn, it was noticed that they looked so yummy, like berries or
                  chocolate or lemon. Then the blocks were named &amp; some participants posted recipes or mentioned names of
                  recipes that matched the reel color. Lo &amp; behold, the "Reels &amp; Receipts" book idea was born. Along the way
                  Lotti gathered the recipes together &amp; started a topic on the Forum just for them.

Here's the link to that:
                  http://forum/friendship-triangle-exc...-the-tqs-forum

If you want to contribute a recipe based on your reel color...great! Please do so by posting it to the
                  recipe topic or email to me. (remember, click on the little envelope under my picture on the right)
                  But, recipes are totally optional. This is just for fun, no "have to."

Rosemary &amp; I are gathering reels photos (she has scanned them all!) &amp; recipes into the book now, so will keep you posted on progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
                    It's lovely to see that everybody is getting their reels and how happy everybody is with them. I have just been catching up with the forum (there's a lot to read :roll: ) and I would like to say hi to the new faces appearing, it's great to see you! Danny I am sorry to hear about your cat - 19 years is a long life! I have come back from IQFOI with my head exploding with all the information and eye candy, it will probably take me a few days to calm down and reassess it all. In the meantime I am going to make a few more AAQI babies.
                    Hi Rita

How did you enjoy the IQFOI? Was it what you expected? Was it anything like Birmingham - bigger, smaller? Photos, photos, photos, please.

Comment

Just got home last nite at 1 a.m. and I had a nice little package of quilt blocks!!!!
                      Can't wait to sit down and really have a good look at them after I finish playing catch up!

Comment

Whoo hoo! My package finally arrived. First I had to look for Rosemary's label. I'm a happy camper. Thanks to everyone, especially Rosemary and Lorna. Fab job. :lol:

Coast of South Carolina USA
                        Sewing/Quilting on my Viking Sapphire 870

Comment

Maureen, I have never been to Festival of Quilts in Birmingham so I don't know how to compare IQFOI to that but I don't think it was anything like as big. I mentioned on another thread that I took so many photos on my first morning that my camera chip was full so I took a few minutes to delete the blurred and duplicated ones ( there were quite a lot as I was rushing to get snaps of everything before rushing off to my first seminar with Mr. Tims.) Sadly my camera decided that as I was deleting so many it needed to take the decision out of my hands and delete the lot :evil: after which the battery died! :cry: It is hard to describe how stupid I felt ops: and how disappointed. Then along came Angel Lotti and presented me with a memory stick of all the photos she had taken. As for the festival itself - well I am formulating a blog at the moment and will post all about it there real soon.

Meanwhile, having spent three days looking at inspirational quilts and listening to inspirational quilters I was itching to get my hands back into the pile and get going again. So I have made two more AAQI babies which I am off to quilt now. I will post a photo when I am done.

Comment

Rita..nothin' like a good quilt show to get the blood pumpin' ! and the machine hummin' !!

Comment

Not quite sure where to post this, but I know I have mention some places that I was expecting grandbaby #5 -
                              Well, I was so excited to get my reels from Rosemary, but 1000 times more excited to meet my new granddaughter today. Born June 12, at 6:59 am, 8 lb/7oz, 19.5 inches. Her name is Rosalie. I had never heard of the name before, but it's sounding so lovely and feminine. My DIL is a music teacher and wanted a 'musical' sounding name, so that's what they came up with!

Thanks for bearing with my excitement, but seems this is a good forum to share lots of happiness!!

I'm gonna keep the ideas about how to introduce a young girl to quilting. I loved that post!

Comment

Congratulations Grandma Terri! Rosalie is a darling name -- can't wait to see pictures of your new grand angel!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 271 users online. 0 members and 271 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X