[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My husband claims my dust bunnies have grown so big that they attack his feet when he is getting ready to hop into bed. I've told him to just stomp on them and they'll leave him alone

Comment

I have a foolproof method for finding things that I put in my "safe place". Give up looking and buy a replacement. The original will always be sitting on the doorstep when I get home!

Comment

Originally posted by golfjane
        My husband claims my dust bunnies have grown so big that they attack his feet when he is getting ready to hop into bed. I've told him to just stomp on them and they'll leave him alone
        Our family joke is that it must be time to clean...the bunnies have grown to rabbits!

Bren, the bag is terrific!

Sending so many hugs & thanks to Rosemary & Lorna!!!

And hugs to all my TQS sisters, you mean so much to me!

love,

Comment

I'm with you all ladies! Many thanks go to Rosemary and Lorna. I hope they have a great time. I thought I was the only one who put things where they were safe and had to buy new ones sometimes AND to agree with Roseanne - everyone means so much!!

Everyone have a happy day tomorrow and Rosemary and Lorna - let us hear what a good time you ladies had!!!

Comment

Many thanks to Rosemary and Lorna from me as well! I do look forward to having a keepsake reel created by each of you ladies, what a treasure!

Comment

O.K. I know we are not talking about cooking right now but I just wanted to say I am a complete failure at making Tea Brack.
              It didn't seem to rise. It is all raisins. I am so sad and frustrated. I did forget the baking powder until I has already added the fruit and tea. I added it after. Can that make it not rise?
              Everyone else made theirs and proclaimed it wonderful so I was all ready for some yummy bread and tea but I ruined it. Oh Well....I can cook some things well. Can someone just give me a piece of theirs? :lol:

Comment

I've been reading all the posts about the tea brack, but haven't commented. It looks wonderful, but I don't like raisins cooked in things, so I haven't been tempted to try it. Karen - about your brack not rising - could your baking powder be past the expiration date? That can make a big difference.

Comment

My baking powder is pretty new. I didn't put the ingredients in the right order. I just messed up. I think it is too may raisins for me now that I see how many. I would love it full of nuts. Mmmmm. I am on to other things now. Once I screw a recipe up I am done.
                  I will check the expiration date to be sure. Could have been old when I bought it. thanks.

Comment

We ate at a restaurant the other day where they served raisin and cherry bread with a touch of spice, wow! I am going to try and get the recipe for that. It had nuts too. It was more of a desert than a before dinner bread but I didn't complain.
                    Cathy Blaylock
                    P.S. Karen makes great play dough

Comment

I've only just arrived home from Rosemary's. My DH and I had a wonderful time with Rosemary, her DH and DD. They were wonderful hosts and fabulous cooks. I am so glad I got my fitness test and weigh-in done before this weekend rolled around. The Quilt Museum in York was wonderful as was the York Cathedral (which celebrated its 1300th anniversary several years ago) and The Shambles--very, very, very old pedestrian shopping district in York. It has narrow little alley ways and old crooked, leaning buildings. We even made it to a quilt shop and I got another green fat quarter for my UK collection.

Rosemary is so well organized, the sorting was a breeze. Plus I got to see several of her other projects she is working on. I love "sew" and tell.

It's late here --after 10pm--so I am off to bed now. But yes we will post pictures and tell more of our adventures and start to get some packages in the mail soon enough now.

Lorna

Comment

Lorna,
                        Sounds like such fun!
                        Makes me happy to enjoy it vicariously!
                        thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by cpblay
                          We ate at a restaurant the other day where they served raisin and cherry bread with a touch of spice, wow! I am going to try and get the recipe for that. It had nuts too. It was more of a desert than a before dinner bread but I didn't complain.
                          Cathy Blaylock
                          P.S. Karen makes great play dough
                          Ha Ha so the only thing I am good at is making dough you CAN'T eat. :roll:
                          Thanks Sis

Comment

Originally posted by gran5
                            I've been reading all the posts about the tea brack, but haven't commented. It looks wonderful, but I don't like raisins cooked in things, so I haven't been tempted to try it. Karen - about your brack not rising - could your baking powder be past the expiration date? That can make a big difference.
                            Aaah! A kindred spirit! And, I was thinking I was the only one who did not like raisins cooked in things. So, when I make oatmeal raisin cookies for my DH it is a sure bet I will not be eating any! And, his mom always made raisin bars for him. She gave me the recipe. I made it once! I'm more of a dark ckocolate (or white), and Macadamia nut fan!

Dawn
                            In beautiful Northwest Montana

Comment

My grandmother had a huge dislike of raisins--she used currants instead. One of our daughter's does not eat them either! I love them! Dawn--I will leave the dark and white chocolate to you and I will take your raisins!

Rosemary and Lorna--so glad you had a great sorting weekend and I can hardly wait to find the package of reels in my mailbox! Thanks for all your work. I have my pattern picked out but haven't started it yet!

Comment

When my youngest son (now 17) was a toddler, he loved Raisin Bran cereal. His three older brothers told him he was eating dried up bugs. :evil: He hasn't eaten raisin since. :cry:

I'm so glad you had a great weekend Rosemary and Lorna!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 213 users online. 0 members and 213 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X