[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

MARINER'S COMPASS--SHOW YOURS HERE

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

No that I have my compass done I don’t like my houses. Lol. Back to the sewing machine. Lol

Comment

What a great way to learn paper piecing! The colors for my compass were inspired by the beautiful winter coats worn to the inauguration.

Comment

My third (and final ) attempt. I'm finally happy with the compass. I was not very good with the "sew close to the fold" method, so ended up going back to the old paper piecing method, sewing though the lines.. Not sure where I was going wrong, but I couldn't get the points with the fold method.. I have been inspired to do better by so many others' beautiful work - I will give it a go again on other piece in the future.

Comment

• CarolLang
          CarolLang commented
          Editing a comment
          I also did regular paper piecing as I knew it would work and it wasn't a ton of copies. It worked beautifully!

Here's mine. I'm happy. Using Art History 101 (snagged some before it all got gone), at 78% size and Grunge.

Marti

Comment

A real challenge for me, but thanks to Barbara's tips I got it done.

Comment

Originally posted by "sewmarti" post=154441
            Here's mine. I'm happy. Using Art History 101 (snagged some before it all got gone), at 78% size and Grunge.

Marti
            I just realized every one of my points in the "behind" point is off center. I must not have read everything. I'm going to have to go back and figure this out.

Marti

Comment

Has the make a second one with more colours I will decide which to use when the time come! Truly loving this technique!

Comment

nice - which one will you use?

Comment

Hi, it took awhile but I finally got my compass done. I made a couple of units that were backwards?!!
                  The light blue print will be my outside border.

Comment

Hi, it took awhile but I finally got my compass done. I made a couple of units that were backwards?!!

Comment

Comment

Sewmarti
                        Your center is so perfect that I did not even notice. Good luck and I hope you can save that lovely fabric.

Comment

I really enjoyed making this with freezer paper piecing. This is a great technique that has so many possibilities.
                          0CF26D33-8CD0-4ABE-AB0E-785ACC16CA84.jpeg

Comment

I love this freezer paper piecing technique! So much fun and so many possibilities.

Comment

My compass is finished! (I hope this all fits together, as the houses seem to make too big of a circle to fit around the compass.)

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 32 users online. 0 members and 32 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                              X