[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

SHOW AND TELL--Your Blocks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

These 2 shoo fly blocks took way longer than I expected, but I am very pleased with them

Comment

Eyestitch,
      Your blocks look great. And they go well with each other. I hope I can do half as well.

Judy Austin

Comment

Nfiegirl,
        Your blocks look great. I like how you used the one background fabric. It makes them "play well" with each other.
        I may have to rethink my background fabrics.

Judy

Comment

Is there a way to just get one email a day. I’m getting 5 or more every time I look at my email, several times a day.

Comment

What kind of email? If notifications to Topics you posted on, you will get an email any time someone posts on that topic. To stop those emails uncheck the box to receive those notifications.

At the top of the Topic, you can Unsubscribe

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
            North Alabama, USA
            "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Your blocks look amazing. What appliqué method did you use? I am still picking out fabrics but have also decided to use one background color. Seeing your blocks has pumped me up to get started !!!!

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
              North Alabama, USA
              "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Barbara, Thank you for the compliment. I am happy with the way the blocks turned out.I decided on raw edge applique. I used Print and Fuse thru our HP printer and Kim Diehl's
                freezer paper. I make one copy on each product then cut the main applique with the print and fuse on the back side of the fabric and the smaller
                pieces I just cut out of the freezer paper and put on a scrap of fabric that has a small piece of print and fuse pressed to the back. I like the accuracy of
                putting the design thru the printer. My tracing is alway a little wonky looking. I use Solvy easy tear away stabilizer under the block when I do the
                double blanket stitch along the edges. With the freezer paper small pieces I can easily fussy place it on the front of the fabric. On the flower appliqué
                I just made sure the little gold lines on the 2nd piece up of the flower were all running vertically not horizontally. HelenW

Comment

Can't stop making shoo-flys! Been making one every day, too bad there's only 9

Comment

Here are my blocks for the month. I love all the blocks that others have posted. Our quilts are going to be spectacular. I used appliquick tools and glue to turn the edges and I think they all turned out well. It takes me about an afternoon to finish one of these blocks, so I am loving the name of our quilt.

Comment

Heather, Take a look at applique blocks and if there any that you don't really like the looks of, make a shoo fly to replace them. I too love making them.
                      They all look great no matter what the colors that are used. HelenW

Comment

Beautiful!!!!!

Comment

HelenW, what a good idea to exchange a shoofly block for an appliqué if you want. Since the quilt can be whatever I we choose, why not?

Comment

HelenW!!!!! Great idea!!!! We can make it our own, right? Thanks for the great suggestion!

Comment

Ginny, your blocks are beautiful! The flower applique block really pops.

Comment

That moment when you wake up at 3 a.m. and realize that the shoo fly blocks will be on point and you just fussy cut all nine blocks to be straight on. A couple I had to rethink. But I needed to redo one block that was already finished. Needed my puppies to be represented in the quilt

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 20 users online. 0 members and 20 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X