Show and Tell

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Kathy!

Comment

Thanks Pat... I made Sue Garman's Ruffled Roses Quilt too and it is beautiful but with the applique' I didn't want to use it on my bed with my little doggie. It hangs on the wall folded so I thought I would make this one smaller so all of it could be seen. I will download the patterns on next years too but got to get some other UFO's finished. Still in the middle of my A To Z For You and Me BOM. Kim

Comment

Thanks ethereal. I have loved planning and making this quilt. Just need to get in gear and get the applique border finished. I did Sue Garman's Ruffled Roses Quilt. Took me forever! I so love that quilt . Kim

Comment

Highdesertquilter, such a beautiful quilt! Great job!

Comment

Oh Sherry, just beautiful! Is yours scrappy or did you use a fabric line? Stunning!

Comment

Highdesertquilter, I loved the Ruffled Roses pattern so much that I had 2 versions going at once, the original one with the yellow, and a purple version that had modifications. Both are at the same stage - half finished! I’m hoping to get them both totally finished by next year at this time! So glad you’re pleased with yours.

Comment

Wow ethereal ... 2 at once... that's ambitious! Good luck on getting them finished,,, such a pretty quilt! I won BOS on mine at the Boise Basin Quilt Show and a second place at the Machine Quilters Showplace in Sandy Utah. I was pretty thrilled. I don't make quilts for show but this pattern of Sue's is a stunner.

Comment

Hello,

I finished my top on Tuesday or Wednesday. My husband's daughter and her family visited today and they were willing to help me get a good photo of it. Sue Garman gave us such a wonderful design. I love seeing what everyone else has done. There are so MANY beautiful interpretations!

I had wanted to try quilting this one on my domestic machine but now that I see it finished, I know that won't be possible. I can't decide between asking a friend for some time on her Sweet 16 when I visit or writing a check for a pro! I hope this forum stays active to talk about ideas for quilitng.

Becky

Comment

It's beautiful Becky. I am so getting tired of paper piecing. I won't be doing any for a while after this is finished. I am presently doing my Flying Geese border, and then on to the delectable mountains. Hope to finish by next month, as I will be starting a Sue Sprago BOM.

Comment

Highdesertquilter - WOW right back at you! two ribbons, one of them BOS! How exciting! Did you post a photo in the BOM area for it? It should certainly be there!

Comment

Becky, it’s beautiful! I wonder if anyone is going to quilt it on a domestic machine. It’s huge!

Comment

Becky, your quilt is just lovely! Love your colorway!

Comment

Becky and highdesertquilter,
                            Your quilts are so fantastic! Highdesertquilter, your applique is awesome and Becky, your work is awesome!

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
                            Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

OlgaJo,

I LOVE to paper piece and often turn tricky blocks that MIGHT be pieced in the traditional ways into paper-piecing! :-) I'm working on Bonnie Hunter's current mystery quilt. We had to make many flying geese for clue two. I told a friend I had already done scrillions of flying geese for Halo Medallion, so I'm feeling a little goose-fatigue! :-)

Comment

Highdesertquilter, ethereal, and others,

TQS did the Ruffled Roses quilt before I joined. Over the last several months, I've been looking up pictures on the web and dreaming of doing it. Six weeks ago, I would have told you that I was going to turn Ruffled Roses into my own private BOM and get started. Two weeks ago, I made a list of all my current projects (including those for which the fabric is purchased but the project not yet started). I probably have enough to keep me reasonably busy for 2018. I decided maybe Ruffled Roses should wait. Now, with all this talk of Ruffled Roses, I'm back to thinking I should start it soon. Like Oscar Wilde, I can resist anything except temptation!

If highdesertquilter posts a picture of her Ruffled Roses BOS-winning quilt, that would probably push me right over the edge! (Yes, I'd love to see your quilt)

Becky

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 36 users online. 0 members and 36 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X