[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Show and Tell

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lynda, it also took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about! It's unique and wonderful. I wouldn't change it, either.

Comment

Thank you all for your kind words. It took me two months to see what I was doing and i won't be changing it! About to begin the flying geese border and it will be done traditionally (correctly).

Comment

OMG until you pointed it out I NEVER noticed!!! Yes, I agree...a truly unique design and actually kinda fun :woohoo: What I have been looking forward to with this block was the flying geese rings...Maybe the next time I make this block (not this year) I will make the geese the background too.

Comment

:unsure: I don't see what is different about it. I must be blind.

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
          Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Eileen...took me forever to see...she has "snow geese" ! :cheer: :P :whistle:

Comment

Instead of colored "geese" she went with white. I did too, but mine fabric choice was deliberate. Working on pinwheels now and trying to decide if I am stopping at pinwheel row.

Comment

Wow, Holly, fantastic!

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                North Alabama, USA
                "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Just a teaser--this amazing blue and white version is being made by one of the Halo Sunday Sew and Sews who meet at my house once a month. Janet substituted Seminole pieced borders for the sawtooth blocks and has an amazing final Seminole border ready to go on the outside, you see it laying on the table on the right.

I am so happy at the journey these 14 women are on, each moving at her own pace and improving their skills with each step. More photos in the future.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Wow! The blue and white is fabulous!!!

Holly, yours is beautiful!

Guess I shouldn't have called it a mistake; I particularly like "snow geese!!!!"

Comment

Oh, now I see it!! Love the "snow geese"-both of them. Barbara, your friend doing it all in blue and white is doing a beautiful job! Every day, I plan on getting back to the Halo, every day passes with no sewing of any kind. :dry: hmy:

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
                      Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Oh Wow...the Blue & White version is To.Die.For!
                        I am a nut for cobalt blue and white....have a large collection of plates. I also have a large stash of B&W fabrics but I don't think I could have been able to pull off the Halo quilt. I really love the alternative outer borders. Did she paper piece them?

Comment

No to paper piecing. Janet used an old Seminole Piecing book a lot of us had 25 years ago. It will be an awesome quilt.
                          https://www.amazon.com/Seminole-Patchwork-Cheryl-Greider-Bradkin/dp/0932946038/ref=la_B001KCGIGC_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=15023215 28&sr=1-1
                          There was a second edition too from 1992. This book is from 1980

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Love the blue and white.

Comment

Guess I should dig out the Cheryl Bradkin book. What a creative way to use seminole piecing!

Comment

What a stunning use of color!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 20 users online. 0 members and 20 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X