No announcement yet.
[vb_side_1]

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

How do you stop your foot pedal from moving around?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used heavy duty velcro (in white) and stuck a 3 inch long piece on the bottom of my foot petal and attached the mate to it on the tile floor under my machine. No more movement of the foot petal.

Comment

Originally posted by lorra
      While shopping for the last few items for dinner tomorrow, I spotted a silicone pot holder/trivet. It is a hexagon shape and has a honey comb look to it. I tried it as soon as I got home and it works great to keep the pedal in place. I picked the brightest color, neon green, in case it does get pushed back under the table too far. :lol: :lol: Of course, I traced the large hexagon first in case I ever want to use it for a template. :lol:
      What is the betting, that by the time you want to use that template, it will have hidden itself so well, that you will have to make a new one. :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by beckyezra
        that is my problem when i am going shopping, i am thinking about quilting, so i end up with all sort of things that i didnt plan but i have full of them on my drawers in the quilt corner...i need to buy some more storage space or shell i start looking for a new house

We all need to be on the look-out for some WALL STRETCHERS! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
        That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Comment

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

Comment

Cathy I saw a pot holder just like that but it was orange. I wasn't sure it would work because of all the waffle holes in it so I decided to see what else I could find before going back for it. Luckily I found the perfect bath mat. I am glad it worked for you.

Comment

While I don't have hard wood flooring, I do have a plastic mat to allow my chair to move. After a few unsuccessful attempts with the wrong kind of shelf liner, I resorted to strong self adhesive hook and loop (Velcro) sticking the hook side on the mat and the loop side on the bottom of the pedal. This works great. I would warn, be sure of where you want to place it. I had to add more of the hook to the mat in order to get the best placement. Also be careful when pulling the pedal off the hook side (should you want to take your machine to class), use both hands and carefully lift off as it could separate part of the coil cover (I have a Bernina model that coils the excess cord on the bottom).

Comment

Originally posted by Margo
                  Originally posted by beckyezra
                  that is my problem when i am going shopping, i am thinking about quilting, so i end up with all sort of things that i didnt plan but i have full of them on my drawers in the quilt corner...i need to buy some more storage space or shell i start looking for a new house

We all need to be on the look-out for some WALL STRETCHERS! :lol: :lol: :lol:
                  Yes! WALL STRETCHERS! :lol: And more cheap white flannel King sheets, for design walls! Ahhhh, another Tuesday Morning store trip in the near future! Gotta get sorted out and packed to take my sewing machine to my P-I-L's house for Christmas. They let me set up a table in the living room, near the tree, and I keep it humming with sewing/quilting/embroidery the whole week. I take family requests to embroider stuff on their clothes while I'm at it. My youngest nephew loves to have his name on his jerseys and sweats. What do you all do over the Holidays? (Oh, I'll be XC skiing and ice skating too, but since they aren't into TV watching, I can be social while I'm sewing :wink: )

Comment

My sewing area is carpeted, so I just put a strip of self-stick velcro (the grabby strip) on the top and bottom of my pedal and it works like magic! I can even reposition it for my granddaughter's shorter legs. I've purchased those plastic mats that hold the pedal and are supposed to stay put on carpet, but they don't work as well as the velcro.

Comment

Okay can I ask a dumb question what is the difference between English Paper Piecing and Paper Piecing.... ops: ops:

Taree NSW - Australia
                      My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

Jill, here is a tutorial for English Paper piecing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDrTVi0jk6w

and here is Sue Garman's classroom video for foundation paper piecing for the 2009 Stars for a New Day BOM: learn/classrooms/

Totally different techniques!

Comment

Originally posted by Patchworkjill
                          Okay can I ask a dumb question what is the difference between English Paper Piecing and Paper Piecing.... ops: ops:
                          or you could go and look at my latest blog about English Paper Piecing community/my-profile/PosyP to give you another example

Comment

Originally posted by Margo
                            Jill, here is a tutorial for English Paper piecing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDrTVi0jk6w

and here is Sue Garman's classroom video for foundation paper piecing for the 2009 Stars for a New Day BOM: learn/classrooms/

Totally different techniques!
                            Margo, just watched the EPP link you provided, I thought that the lady doing the stitching looked awfully cack-handed doing it the way she did, that would be uncomfortable for me for any length of time.

Comment

Rosemary--"cack-handed"?

Comment

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cack-handed

Doncha just love what we learn here!!!! :lol:

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 237 users online. 0 members and 237 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X