[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Basket Puzzle

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m behind but having fun. I’m an art quilter so piecing is a challenge and my points aren’t prefect but.....if it were prefect it wouldn’t be handmade.

Comment

This is my Basket Quilt.

Comment

I kept it simple, but the hardest part is trying to find a way to hang this quilt on point.

Comment

Ready to quilt! Sure glad you refreshed my memory on partial seams! Queen size!

Comment

What a fun quilt! I even added a house block to remind myself later when I see this quilt where I’ve been the most part of 2020.??

Comment

Finally finished but not quilted. Thank you Alex, great fun way to learn new things!

Comment

This was a good learning experience for me. I had some challenges and was not sure if I liked it as I was working on it but I am happy with the way it turned out. Thanks Alex! I really enjoyed quilting it. This was the first time I used the all over curved echo technique. It was fun. I also used the ruler on the border.

Comment

Blocks are in no particular order. Slow going, one block per day. I am getting there.

Comment

Trying to upload and use your Forum is very confusing. I had trouble doing it with the Kaffe Mystery quilt project and nothing seems to work trying to do a post with a picture on the Basket quilt. Not sure what to try. I can't even find Barbara Black's tips on this. Help?!

Comment

Originally posted by "jlhunt" post=151105
                      Trying to upload and use your Forum is very confusing. I had trouble doing it with the Kaffe Mystery quilt project and nothing seems to work trying to do a post with a picture on the Basket quilt. Not sure what to try. I can't even find Barbara Black's tips on this. Help?!
                      Use the SEARCH box above. Type in Photos on Forum and lots of posts will come up, including several times I have posted the link to the 6 minute video on how to add photos.

Photos cannot be larger than 5 MB so if you are following the steps and the photo is not included check to see if it is too big.

And the photo will NOT show in Preview so don't worry that you do not see it in the Preview screen.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                      North Alabama, USA
                      "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

I'm sharing my small basket quilt which is really small wall hanging size. I made this as a gift for my sister. I didn't have a lot of time so chose to make the small basket. After I had the basket blocks made, my husband said the baskets should have something in them so I added a small pocket to each. I typed up Bible verses and various sister love-inspirational type verses to insert in each pocket. The layout was a hard decision, so I decided to do half the blocks one direction and half the other way. The runner can then be seen both directions on a table or will lay correctly if draped over a chair.

I really liked your basket handle technique, Alex! Thank you so much for doing the online classes. I've really enjoyed them and learned a lot from you!

Comment

Thank you, Barbara, for your help. I was able to post two pictures this morning. I just assumed the Kaffee Mystery post should also go under This and That Quilting, so hopefully it's in the right location. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by "jlhunt" post=151155
                            Thank you, Barbara, for your help. I was able to post two pictures this morning. I just assumed the Kaffee Mystery post should also go under This and That Quilting, so hopefully it's in the right location. Thanks again.
                            I moved both your posts where they need to go. Please don't "Create a New Topic"--we already have topics in place for all these classes.

When you come to the Forum, go to Recent Topics, find the Topic you want--yes, they are all in This and That---Quilting Related but are very easy to find in RECENT TOPICS--these are very busy Topics right now. Go to the Topic you want, this Topic is BASKET PUZZLE--Learn with ALEX. Hit the REPLY TOPIC up above and post your comment and photos there.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                            North Alabama, USA
                            "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Thank you Barbara.

Comment

Finally finished my TOP only of my basket puzzle quilt. Love it.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 35 users online. 0 members and 35 guests.

Most users ever online was 345 at 02:08 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X