[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Basket Puzzle

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you remove the white backing? I had the same issue until I figured out the it needed to be removed!

Comment

Here is a video on how to add photos:

https://thequiltshow.com/daily-blog/142-newsletter/28412-barbara-black-teaches-you-how-to-use-the-tqs-forum

I don't know why the photos are sometimes turned sideways and no amounting of fiddling will turn them right side up. Oh, well.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
      North Alabama, USA
      "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Here is my basket top ready to sew together.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Lots of new people joining us here on the Forum for Alex's Basket Puzzle quilt.

TIPS:
          Go to RECENT TOPICS when you access the Forum
          Find the TOPIC: BASKET PUZZLE--Learn with ALEX
          To post here, click on REPLY TOPIC--it is at the top and bottom of each page
          Post your Reply--DO NOT start a new topic--we want to keep all the posts about this quilt here where everyone can find them
          Add photos by either Attaching or Inserting them--I have posted several times how to do that and there is a 6 minute video showing how. The Link again:

https://thequiltshow.com/daily-blog/142-newsletter/28412-barbara-black-teaches-you-how-to-use-the-tqs-forum

AND if you don't want to get an email every time someone replies to this Topic--UNSUBSCRIBE--it's at the top and bottom of each page.

Feel free to ask questions about the Basket Puzzle project and the Forum. And feel free to answer those questions too--we are one big community here.

Barbara Black

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Originally posted by "amb2715" post=150087
            Making baskets and figuring out fabrics. B)
            I love your happy baskets

Comment

Originally posted by "merlzand" post=150099

These are my first baskets 6” and 10”.
              WHAT DID I DO WRONG?
              You will need to unsew the side triangles and the top square. That means that you will also have to unsew about half of the bottom seam Lay them out, turning them until they are in the correct position. Having the picture right next to the block will help. Then keeping them in order sew them one group at a time and check each time to make sure that they still go in the correct direction. after sewing them back on the upper basket finish the bottom seams. Hope this is helpful.

Comment

I posted this link on the Kaffe forum but for those that have just joined, I find trimming Half-Square-Triangles before ironing them open is much faster. Take them to your cutting mat and lay them out with the seam toward you. You do not need the specialty ruler but if you do a lot of HST it is helpful. Nice to get with a coupon at JoAnn's or other box store.
                http://www.inquiringquilter.com/tutorialblog/2016/1/31/tuesday-tips-fastest-way-to-trim-hsts

I enjoy quilting more when the mundane tasks can be made a little faster or easier. Another example is if you have a group of chained pieces to iron [or press depending on how you do it] take the whole chain to your ironing mat and lay them down as a unit. You can also stack one ironed group on top of the other and cut two or more 'chains' at the same time.

Comment

Here is my start. Using my own hand dyes and modifying some blocks a bit.

Comment

My baskets so far

Comment

Baskets so far

Comment

Baskets so far
                        78E3FB57-9B8F-4476-A6D5-DEB281942907.jpeg

Comment

So I just started this project with fabrics from my stash. I've always wanted a black and white quilt, this looked like the perfect time.

Comment

What a great start! I am looking forward to seeing your future blocks.

Comment

Baskets in blue

Comment

My first block.cake stand. Thanks for viewing. Mary

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 21 users online. 0 members and 21 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X