[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mrsreyes. I’m going to do something similar with black strips I think, but I’ve already added the Kaffe fabric so it will be quite different. Like you I feel it needs some black. Yours look lovely!

Comment

Hi DebbiG, Yes I have added the 4 corner triangles. I cut squares of Kaffe seven and a quarter inches then cut from corner to corner making 4 triangles. They fit the blocks beautifully, good luck!

Comment

DebbiG I’m loving putting 4 blocks together like that then maybe adding black strips, I’ll have to have a play and will take photos.

Comment

DebbiG I like your setting with the coloured sashing

Comment

[quote="DianeRoss" post=149075]My quilt told me it was time to finish. I met my challenge - to work with a color I don't normally care for (purple) and feature it in a project. It's a nice size for a lap quilt. Now I just need to piece a backing, and get it off to the long-armer. Overall, I'm quite pleased with how it turned out, and more likely to use purple in future projects. /quote]

DianeRoss Your quilt is wonderful!

Comment

Diane Ross, What a stellar quilt you made. You hit every principle I can think of when it comes to design. I believe you are the first to finish the Kaffe
              Mystery quilt and sans Kaffe. So what do you call your quilt? When people ask you about it, do you say it is your Kaffe Mystery quilt? Quilters will look at you
              rather strangely. How fun that will be. It has been fun watching your progress. I have a great respect for all your skills. See you back on the TQS BOM 2020
              where your quilt is progressing beautifully.
              I would love to know your quilting routine. How to get so much done in so little time. Thanks for sharing. HelenW

PS. Just a label idea

Make your label on Kaffe fabric

Kaffe Mystery Quilt
              Made be Diane Ross
              Year of the Quilter's Quarantine

Comment

Everyone says ‘well it’s colorful’!! Auditioning my sashing. I need 2 more blocks. I don’t think I want the blocks on point.
                But there are so many options!!! Love it!!

Darlene.

Comment

Everyone says ‘well it’s colorful’!! Auditioning my sashing. I need 2 more blocks. I don’t think I want the blocks on point.
                  But there are so many options!!! Love it!!

Darlene.

Comment

Thanks Helen - I need a good title for this quilt. "Not-a-Kaffe-Mystery" quilt is a bit cumbersome. I recently retired after a lifetime in manufacturing management - so efficiency has always been part of who I am. And now I have more time for quilting - with the pandemic, I have LOTS of time. Thankfully, we share a pastime that encourages us to hoard fabric - I can probably quarantine for a couple more years if needed. :S
                    Originally posted by "HelenW" post=149087
                    Diane Ross, What a stellar quilt you made. You hit every principle I can think of when it comes to design. I believe you are the first to finish the Kaffe Mystery quilt and sans Kaffe. So what do you call your quilt? When people ask you about it, do you say it is your Kaffe Mystery quilt? Quilters will look at you rather strangely. How fun that will be. It has been fun watching your progress. I have a great respect for all your skills. See you back on the TQS BOM 2020 where your quilt is progressing beautifully.
                    I would love to know your quilting routine. How to get so much done in so little time. Thanks for sharing. HelenW

PS. Just a label idea

Make your label on Kaffe fabric

Kaffe Mystery Quilt
                    Made be Diane Ross
                    Year of the Quilter's Quarantine

Comment

Comment

Very well done!

Comment

I love seeing all the layout ideas. So much creativity in this group. I’m still trying to get final goal in mind and seeing your progress here is fabulous

Comment

Absolutely beautiful, hapi2so!

Comment

Love love love love love them!

Comment

I’m just getting started — I had a fpp mini swap to finish, which was way fun. I watched Kaffe Fassett in his video about Burano and was inspired by his strip snowball quilt. So I’ve taken my hand dyes and combined them with other solids and a lil Kaffe, resulting in strip sets I’m going to use as solids in the color wheel. The strip sets are done and I’m ready to start my blocks! This is so awesome and such a great learning experience. I feel pretty privileged to have all these instructional by Alex.

attachment=15650]61387115-0749-4669-B9AC-B574575EEA62.jpeg[/attachment]

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 39 users online. 0 members and 39 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X