[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

AnnieLu, whenever you post on the Forum, at the bottom of your post you will see Unsubscribe with a check box beside it. Come back to this post and Check the box to Unsubscribe. That will stop you from getting the emails every time someone posts here. And this will be a very active board!

You can check in whenever you like to see what folks are posting.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    North Alabama, USA
    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

I received my fabric about 5 yesterday evening. It is now washed, ironed and on the cutting table. It's going to be a blast. A little note about washing hand dyed fabric and other "runny" culprits: Using a LOT of water is key. It keeps the dye in the water more dilute. If you have a HE (high efficiency) washing machine you have to trick it into giving you a lot of water. A washing machine technician told my sister that you should use the "Bedding" setting. That way the machine thinks everything is bulky and puts more water into it. After almost destroying a red & white quilt recently I tried this with my fat quarters. When I looked in there was more water than when I do a full load of clothes! My color catchers were discolored but there was no color transfer between the dark purple and the gray. Hopefully this helps a little.

Comment

So, my challenge to myself, is to work with an unfamiliar color palette. Normally, I like strong colors and high contrast. I've chosen to work with taupe and lavender from my stash, with a bit of green for an accent. I will have to pay extra attention to value to make this work. My initial fabric selections, and my first blocks are below.

Comment

As if I need to begin another “work in progress”... I’m in! My constraint: no new bolts of fabric may be harmed In the making of this quilt and fabrics must come from my stash. We’ll see how that lasts!

Thank you Alex, Captain John, Ricky, Barbara and the TQS Team for the opportunity to create. I am a find a pattern, buy the fabric quilter. I am a great starter; finishing, not so much. Looking forward to how this “mystery” gets solved.
          -Terri

Comment

Working on another block. I hope I’m doing forum right.

Comment

Barbara,

Can you give a quick tutorial about how to post something to the forum?

Comment

This is the place to show off your blocks. I was asked to show how to add photos. Neither of these photos have any thing to do with the Mystery, they are just photos of my work.

To Add Photos:

Reply to this Topic
                Write something about your progress
                Go to Attachments, Add File
                Select the Photos from your computer or device, adding one at a time

Now you can hit Submit--photos will be posted as Attachments to your post

If you want the photos Inserted in the body of your post, Select Insert after you add the file
                The first one I attached, the second I inserted--so you can see the difference.

Let us see what you are doing--it's all part of the Journey.

I recommend you Preview before hitting Submit--to check spelling, etc.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                North Alabama, USA
                "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

I've never been intentional in my use of a color wheel so I pulled out a Joen Wolfrum book on design, found a color wheel and made two blocks using analagous colors that happen to be opposites on the color wheel. I don't have a lot of contrast between the colors. I put some of the Kaffe fabric behind the blocks showing what was guiding my color selection for the blocks. My white isn't a "bright" white, but I will continue to use it throughout the blocks.

Thanks for your tutorial, Barbara.

Comment

I finally got sequoia done. - I used Rosalie deckers cotton/linen mosaic blooms. This was last group before get untimely death. She was so talented

Comment

I can’t figure out how to type in forum I gad to go in and reply to someone and then when I add file it shows file not picture. Can’t someone help. I’d like to get in forum for new mystery quilt. Thank u

Comment

My sequoia quilt with Rosalie decker mosaic bloom. It’s cotton/linen love working with it. Rosalie decker was so talented

Comment

Barbara,
                          I’ve tried that numerous times,
                          maybe,,,, I’m supposed to follow along and make this one!!!! LOL
                          It’s probably got something to do with a setting on my ipad and I’m just unaware of it,,,
                          So, I’ll just sit back, relax, and enjoy the eye candy as it comes in. And perhaps I’ll grab some fabric and get cutting

Comment

Brenda,
                            Glad to see you here. I hope things are going well for you I think it’s time for me to join in on this mystery, I hope to see more of our old group of Virtual Retreat people....
                            Luann

Comment

I just found out about this QAL. Is it too late to join?
                              Marsha

Comment

It has been a lot of fun so far. I wanted to share a way to quickly trim HST pieces.
                                http://www.inquiringquilter.com/tutorialblog/2016/1/31/tuesday-tips-fastest-way-to-trim-hsts

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 90 users online. 0 members and 90 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X