[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elaine Pines, Thank you. I have noticed your modified block alternatives, which are absolutely fabulous. I thought to myself when I saw your first one,
    now that is my kind of quilter!!! Keep showing us all your creative modifications.This is all so much fun. HelenW
    I just scrolled down and saw your post about using EQ* for hand piecing the block. Again, your creative mind is just ingenious. I am going to remember it
    for blocks that seem really hard to piece by machine.

Comment

Hope you feel better

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Alex said today to post our quilts for all to see on this forum so here goes
          Created this while filling my time waiting for Kaffe bundle by working on scrap quilt. This is my attempt to copy Alex’s antique quilt. Used this fabric as my inspiration. Using pastels was a huge challenge for me. I am going to replace your orange with bright pink.
          Thanks for your inspiration and guidance.

Comment

Here is a picture of the 1st 4 blocks. I just couldn’t score any of the Brassica fabric, I did have the Rowan collection from KaffeFassett so I’m using that. So far I like it.

Comment

Love the use of red.

Comment

Thank you HelenW

pines/elaine

Comment

Maybe try some orange instead of gray.

Comment

ANOTHER BIG REMINDER--Please pay attention to where you are posting if you CREATE A NEW TOPIC--the default category is the current BOM Afternoon Delight--you need to select the correct Category before you write the post. PLEASE DO NOT Create a New Topic if you want to post about the Mystery quilt. Those posts go here.

Everybody, please read. I know many are new to the Forum. We want to keep all the posts about Alex'x "it's a Mystery to Me" right here, in this Topic.

Today I moved 6 people's posts here. Soon we could have many separate Topics about the Mystery Quilt, so you would have to go to lots of Topics to see them all.

What NOT to Do:
                    Create a New Topic for the Mystery Quilt

What to Do:
                    1. Come to this Topic
                    2. Select Reply Topic
                    3. Create your post, include photos if you like
                    4. There is a specific Topic with instructions/video for adding photos, find it here:

thequiltshow.com/forum/this-and-that-quilting-related/9008-how-to-post-on-the-forum

The link to the video is in the very first post on that Topic.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                    North Alabama, USA
                    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Using your method, does that mean if I happen to buy new fabric I can't use it for this quilt?

Comment

I think I messed up lol

Comment

Today’s blocks

Comment

How do you find out what block they made already? I'm starting late. Thanks

Comment

I am a bad one to ask lol. I subscribed to the YouTube channel and it is there. To see the older ones I would just search YouTube.

Comment

I struggled with the square in a square cornerstones. I first did it (3x) with scraps. Tossed the first one.sewed carefully, measured my cut pieces, measured my strip sets— the cornerstones were 1/4 inch too big. Can’t trim it down without losing the points— so cut the inside square at 1 7/8 and sewed to the strip set piece. It fits. Really, really trying to be more accurate.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 66 users online. 0 members and 66 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X